This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

I am trying to translation color attributes.

Solution:

We were using WPML's Advanced Translation Editor.

We switched to the classic one, and it works.

When switching from the ATE to CTE translations from the last used Translation Editor might not work.

Relevant Documentation:

https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/translation-editor-options/

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by julieC-12 2 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Itamar.

Author Posts
August 11, 2019 at 3:35 pm

julieC-12

I am trying to: translation color attribut

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: This link is one of many examples.
I tries to allow more memory cause i saw on your forums that this can be a solution but i did not manager to get more memory. I'm still blocked at 40MB I want to have english translation, in French it worked perfectly;

Instead, I got: Nothing on the colors attribut

Please can you help me with this ? I need to open the website very soon. I am very for my purchase of WPML, but this is the only issue I have

August 12, 2019 at 10:31 am #4380073

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

thanks for contacting us.

I suppose the issue is with the plugin WooCommerce Variation Swatches. This plugin wasn't tested so we don't know exactly how it works.

I tried to check the issue on your site but the provided credentials do not work, please check them and edit your first message.

If this is a compatibility issue - and it seems very likely, we need to reproduce the problem in a fresh installation, so please do so here: hidden link

August 13, 2019 at 8:40 am #4385925

julieC-12

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.
I tried, but it still does not work.

You can try again the pssword i wrote you, I changed it it should word now

Thank you for your help

August 13, 2019 at 11:34 am #4387403

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hi.

Laura is not available today, so I'll continue to handle this ticket. I hope that it is alright with you.

I can access the site now. Thanks.

Can you please explain to me what exactly the issue is with the translation color attributes?
Currently, when I check the following link that you gave us, I can see that the attribute is translated into English. It says 'Pink and White' Please see the attached screenshot.

Have you fixed this issue already?

Regards,
Itamar.

August 13, 2019 at 11:58 am #4387695

julieC-12

Hi,

Some colors are not translated, The black color remains in French on many clothes, for example the top Anya, the black t-shirt wanderlust or the shirt Mia.
Other colors are inaccessible, as on the Gaia jean jacket.
This is not the only problem, on the English version in the categories of clothing and accessories, the photos do not appear in the same way as on the French version: when we pass the mouse over, we should see a second photo, while there when we pass the mouse over the photos remains static. I do not know you can help me too.

Thanks for your help.

Best regards

August 13, 2019 at 6:24 pm #4390249

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hi and thanks for the extra details.

The attributes that are not translated on your site are custom attributes and not global attributes. Custom attributes need to translated in the translation of the product on the Translation Editor. Please read the 'Translating Product Variations' section on our WooCommerce Multilingual documentation here.
https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/woocommerce-multilingual/#translating-product-variations
When I follow those instructions with the Top Anya product, it works. The attributes are in English. Please see the attached screenshots.

Please do the same for all the products that you have custom attributes.

Regards,
Itamar.

August 13, 2019 at 8:14 pm #4390561

julieC-12

Hi,
I did what you told me to do, but it still does not work, I'm sorry.
For example, on the English page of the bag "Ava", it still does not work, I can not select any color. There is especially a problem with the black color.
On certain items, the color appears but is not translated for exemple on "wanderlust" t-shirt.

Thanks for you help.

Best regards,
Julie

August 14, 2019 at 4:48 pm #4396711

julieC-12

The only problem was that we did not have the same image and same screen.
We were using WPML's Advanced Translation Editor
We switched to the classic one, and it works.

Thank you to all the team for your time and your nice work.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!