This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Yvette 1 year, 5 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Yvette.

Author Posts
May 14, 2018 at 12:01 pm #2118453

kostantinosK

We have connected wordpress with our backend ERP system. The ERP synchronizes every product woth woo-commerce every one hour via web services (with a plugin). The plugin reads all of our SKUs and uploads the stock and attributes.

Upon uploading the attributes for the english products (since english is the primary language), every product in the second language (in this case Greek) has its attributes desynchronized, even though the attributes uploaded in english are exactly the same with the ones it had before (they are not "recreated").

Example: Variable product xyz is public on our website. Synchronization with our ERP begins. Product xyz attributes are reuploaded with exactly the same name etc. Product xyz is shown as should in english website. Product xyz in greek has its attributes desynchronized, instead of showing the color ex. blue, it shows "any color" and instead of showing the size, example S (as small), it shows "any size".

Synchronizing the products under woocommerce > woocommerce-multilingual> attributes > synchronize resolves the problem.

As you understand, I would have to synchronize every hour to keep my website running so that it shows the attributes, which is impossible.

May 15, 2018 at 6:53 am #2129489

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hello

I understand that you are "programatically" updating original products with post-meta information. (e.g. custom fields holding stock ant attribute information).

You need these fields to be automatically synchronised to translated products post-meta information on "product udate".

This normally happens when a product is updated viat the admin panel as an online transaction. However, the synchronization is missing with the plugin updates of the product.

Is this a correct restatement of the problem?

1. Clarifications:
1.1 Which plugin are you using to do this?

1.2 Do you know what woocommerce API call they are using to update the product?
It may be that the call should be changed to one that we hook into.

1.2 Are your attributes "custom" or are they "global"
e.g. custom attributes are assigned to each product and are held in the post-meta table; global attributes are taxonomies and are held in the various term_taxonomy tables.
I need to know this to know which tables are not being updated.

Thanks for the clarifications and confirmation that I have understood the problem correctly.

May 15, 2018 at 1:39 pm #2140158

kostantinosK

Thank you for your response, I will advice our IT and get back to you.

May 15, 2018 at 1:47 pm #2140465

kostantinosK

Dear Yvette, the plugin is custom made. The attributes are global and are held in the term_taxonomy table.

May 16, 2018 at 7:16 am #2150551

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

thank you. I am consulting with some colleagues about htis.

I have another question:
- when you update the attributes/stock of the products "online" (e.g. via the dashboard and editing of origianl product), do the translated products have their variations and stock updated ?

In my test system, this synchronisation is automatic so I want to make sure that your system is configured correctly.

The topic ‘[Closed] Attribute desynchronization between languages’ is closed to new replies.