This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shekhar Bhandari 1 year ago.

Assigned support staff: Shekhar Bhandari.

Author Posts
October 3, 2018 at 3:23 pm

Aktor

WPML is configured in multidomain and I noticed in the source code that I have a problem with the hreflang attribute.

The French URL of my site is "kioskemploi.fr/news"
When I'm on a Spanish page and I look at the source code the hreflang attribute displays the French URL with the Spanish domain name instead of the French one.

<link rel = "alternate" hreflang = "en" href = "<em><u>hidden link</u></em>" />
<link rel = "alternate" hreflang = "es" href = "<em><u>hidden link</u></em>" />

The correct URL for the "fr" attribute should point to the "kioskemploi.fr" domain

October 5, 2018 at 10:15 am #2790327

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kathmandu (GMT+05:45)

Hello there,

Thank you for contacting WPML support. I'd be happy to assist you further on this issue.

It seems you are using the outdated version of the WPML plugins, we recently released new versions of WPML plugins with fixes and improvements so could you please update the plugin to the latest version and let me know if this helps?

NOTE:

+ Make a backup (both files and database) for your site before updating/proceeding anything (Always a good practice!). You can use a plugin for this if you like. I often use the Duplicator plugin for this purpose. See: http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/

Further, it seems like a theme/plugin conflict or a PHP error that is blocking some functionalities and creating such issues, so could you please perform the below steps and let me know if that helps?

Minimal Setup
If you disable all non-related WPML plugins, switch to one of the default themes, the problem persists or not?
NOTE:
+ Make a backup (both files and database) for your site before updating/proceeding anything (Always a good practice!).

Debugging
1. Please follow the debugging information provided here: http://wpml.org/documentation/support/debugging-wpml/.
2. Repeat the action of creating the problem.
3. Copy and paste the contents of debug.log (log file inside the /wp-content/ directory) here for me to see.

Look forward to your reply.

Thanks

The topic ‘[Closed] Attribute hreflang not correct with multidomain’ is closed to new replies.