Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: I am trying to see the labels for the attributes in another language on the product page, they were working perfectly but are lost now.

Solution: https://wpml.org/errata/woocommerce-attributes-label-translations-are-not-showing/

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by dmitrijsH 1 year, 1 month ago.

Assigned support staff: Radu.

Author Posts
July 4, 2020 at 9:26 am #6519243

dmitrijsH

I am trying to: See the labels for the attributes in another language on the product page, they were working perfectly but are lost now.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

It is critically important to solve the issue as soon as possible because the website does not function properly.

lost attrbiute labels.png
July 4, 2020 at 5:22 pm #6521159

Andrés
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) French (Français )

Timezone: Europe/Paris (GMT+02:00)

Hello there,

This is a known issue that we are working to fix, you can find more details and a workaround here - https://wpml.org/errata/woocommerce-attributes-label-translations-are-not-showing/

We will release a fix as soon as possible.

Regards

July 8, 2020 at 8:24 pm #6551561

dmitrijsH

Hello,

In the link you sent there is a warning not to use the fix on a live site. Therefore, I would prefer not to try. When a fix is expected? Is it a matter of days? The issue is critical, our customers can hardly buy.

Regards

July 9, 2020 at 6:01 am #6554035

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hey Dmitrijs,

My colleagues are still working on this issue and look for a permanent fix for it. However, in the meantime, this temporary fix will work just fine. You can create a backup of your website before making the presented changes. This way, if anything goes wrong (even though it shouldn't), you'll be able to roll everything back to a working state in no time.

Can you give this a try, please?

Thanks,
Radu

July 21, 2020 at 2:51 pm #6644673

dmitrijsH

Hello,

Thank you! I have applied the fix and it works. Will the file be automatically replaced with a correct one during a new update? Do I have to keep an original file?

Regards,

July 22, 2020 at 6:00 am #6649299

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hey Dmitrijs,

I'm glad to hear that the fix worked for you. This change will be added to the new version of WooCommerce Multilingual plugin too, so you won't need to apply this patch again.

Thanks,
Radu

July 31, 2020 at 6:25 pm #6717277

dmitrijsH

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!