This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by jeffryD 5 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bigul.

Author Posts
May 7, 2019 at 2:28 pm #3759245
jeffryD

The first problem is that product attributes weren't being translated automatically.
I was under the impression that if I did it once in the primary language the other languages would simply take the translated attribute and apply it to the product

in this case the attribute is packaging, we fill out the packaging ('verpakking' value '8' in dutch) and the french version of the product would get 'emaballage' vualue '8'

this isn't happening automatically, so I did some searching on my own and found that I had to press the scan now and adjust links button (under the setting item in the wpml menu)

97539 items and it stopped working after a while never reaching 97539.
more reading told me I had to turn of extra plugins change the theme to default up the memory and try again.

This ended up breaking more..., so I setup a copy of the site on a testing server where I'm now running the website on the 2019 theme with nothing more than the basic woocomerce plugins and wpml plugins on a gigabyte of ram.

here I have done the clean up options under 'wplm support' => troubleshooting
like clearing the cache and removing ghost entries.

I think this ended up me loosing all my product categories in all languages except for the default one English

At the moment I'm out of ideas i can try next to fix these things and was hoping someone here could give me a hint.

New threads created by Bigul and linked to this one are listed below:

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/product-categories-arent-loading-in-the-shop-pages/

May 8, 2019 at 6:10 am #3763995

Bigul
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello,

Welcome to the WPML support forum. I will do my best to help you to resolve these issues. Please share the following details to track the issue.

a) I would like to access the admin area of your site for further checking. Please fill the private details fields after a full site backup.

Please check the following links for more details about our private information sharing policies.

https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

hidden link

b) Please let me know the exact steps to reproduce the issue for a better understanding.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

May 9, 2019 at 6:19 am #3773255

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the details and login information. But not able to login to site Dashboard because of the wrong user name or password error. Please check.

The FTP credentials are showing the following error when I tried to log in.

Command: USER *********
Response: 331 User ********* OK. Password required
Command: PASS ************************
Response: 530 Login authentication failed
Error: Critical error: Could not connect to server

--
Thanks!

Bigul

May 10, 2019 at 9:18 am #3782599

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the login information. The *SCHELP KLOK* product is showing the expected result in English I update the custom attribute value. We have to manually translate the Custom attributes from the Translation Editor because it is considered as a custom field. Please check the attached images and following documentation for more details.

https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/woocommerce-multilingual/#translating-product-variations

Please note, I have opened a new ticket for the Product Category issue. Because as per our support policies, we can only handle one issue per ticket. It will help us to serve you better and we can avoid discussing multiple problems in one ticket. I will get back to you soon on the new ticket. Please wait. Thank you for your understanding.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

May 10, 2019 at 9:53 am #3782973

jeffryD

Poop, this is going to be a whole lot of work.

But thanks for the clarification