This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 18 replies, has 6 voices.

Last updated by Irene 5 years, 9 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Mihai.

Author Posts
August 30, 2013 at 7:28 am #159050

Irene

Hi,

I'm using wpml for a bi-lingual site.
My default language is German, and that's the language I input the products. Then go to translate, duplicate, and mark "translate the post alone".

While the attributes first show up, when I go to save, some of them disappear. The attribute name is still there, but it shows up empty!

I've tried WPML troubleshooting, to re-match the attributes, but that was fine.

Any ideas?

Thank you!

August 30, 2013 at 10:52 am #159160

Andreas Neuber
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch )

Hello Irene,

Actually this description rings a bell, we had similar problems a while ago.
I will pass your ticket on to our Woocommerce developer to have a closer look.

Is it the same website were the slider had a problem?

August 30, 2013 at 10:54 am #159162

Irene

Hi Andreas,
thank you! Yes, it's the same account, tswisst.de, credentials are still valid.

Kind regards,

August 30, 2013 at 3:03 pm #159254

Alex.A

Dear Irene,
We are very happy to announce a first beta of the new WooCommerce Multilingual plugin. It’s now available for your download and testing.

This may resolve the problem reported in your ticket.

I'll send to you last WCML version.
The components that you absolutely need are::
* WPML (sitepress-multilingual-cms) – last version
* String Translation – last version
* Translation Management – last version
* Media Translation – version 2.0-b2 (http://wpml.org/shop/account/?acct=downloads – at the bottom of page)

After install last Media Translation please execute media sync on the "Media translation" plugin page. Please look at screenshot.

Documentation for the new WooCommerce Multilingual (You will find usage instructions in the video clip in this blog post):
http://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/woocommerce-multilingual/woocommerce-multilingual-beta/

This clip shows the new way WooCommerce Multilingual works. It’s a lot different than previous versions worked, with an emphasis on ease of use and improved functionality.

Let me know if this new release is resolving your issue.

Regards,

Alex,
WPML team,
By OnTheGoSystems team

September 2, 2013 at 5:05 am #159541

Irene

Hi, I've installed the update & it's still not working smoothly.

Attributes still disappear from translation, although i've used the "synchronize" button.
Especially, it seems to want me to translate numbers in attributes, as well. Sometimes, I do want to use the same names in attributes across languages.

How do I do that?

Any ideas?

September 2, 2013 at 5:44 am #159542

Irene

Hi, another question: I'm pretty confused as to what language to input the attributes in.

My site's default is German, and I've set up the categories in German & translated to English, works fine.

However, when I set up the attributes in German, they appear marked as "English" in the string translation. When I try to input new attributes, the screen automatically shows "English", even if I've been operating in German so far.
When I input attributes in English, they show up marked as English in the string and new translation screen.

So => input categories in German, translate to English?
but => input attributes in English, translate to German?

Please let me know what's the correct procedure here. I have a feeling this might be the cause of some of my troubles.

Kind regards,

Irene

September 3, 2013 at 8:01 am #160150

sarah.n
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Irene,

I am replying in behalf of our WCML developer.

Can you please try the latest WCML from this link: hidden link ?

After you do this let me know of all open issues (list them clearly) so we can address them properly.

September 3, 2013 at 2:08 pm #160383

Irene

Hi Sarah,

thanks for the update. I installed all the latest versions.
The attributes stay where they are now.
However: The labels don't translate.

Under WPML=> Woocommerce Multilingual => Translate Labels all that shows up is /categories. (see screenshot)

I've translated all attributes via string translations, they are marked as translation complete, but labels stay in the input language.

Any ideas?

Kind regards,

Irene

September 3, 2013 at 2:21 pm #160391

sarah.n
Supporter

Irene,

Thank you for getting back to me.

I have just sent you an email requesting temporary access details. Please let me know if you have not received anything.

Thank you!

September 4, 2013 at 5:38 am #160513

sarah.n
Supporter

Thank you Irene,

I received your email. What I am still missing is temporary FTP access as well. It is possible please that you send me this as well?

Thank you!

September 5, 2013 at 5:00 am #160988

sarah.n
Supporter

Irene,

The password is missing from the FTP details you sent. Can you please check this?

Also, please don't forget to reply to the the original email I sent you and not to the automatic forum notification you get.

Thank you!

September 6, 2013 at 7:55 am #161472

Irene

Hi Sarah,
sent the details via e-mail.

The main issue now is:

- set up all attributes in German
- the labels don't show up in WoocommerceMultilingual for translation, only the values
- translated the labels via string translation, but all labels still appear in German on the site.

Please help! My client is pressing for time.

Thank you & kind regards,

Irene

September 6, 2013 at 9:05 am #161530

sarah.n
Supporter

Irene,

Thank you I received all the details including FTP.

I have also forwarded the information to Alex our WCML developer. He will look into things and update you as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience!

September 11, 2013 at 10:49 am #262606

Irene

Hi, any news on this? I still can't get the attributes to work.

Thank you!

Kind regards,

Irene

September 17, 2013 at 9:56 am #265038

Alex.A

Hi Irene,
I'll sent developer versions to you. Please update your plugins.

Also please create backup(project and DB)