This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

The images variations provided by the Variation Swatches for WooCommerce don't show in the translated products.

Solution:

1 - At WordPress Dashboard > WPML > Settings > Custom Term Meta Translation set the 'thumbnail_id' term meta key as 'Copy' and save this setting.

2 - At WordPress Dashboard > WPML > Settings > Taxonomies Translation set the 'Product Shade (pa_matte-mania-shade)' taxonomy as 'Translatable - use translation if available or fallback to default language' (this is the custom taxonomy assigned to your 'Matte Mania' product) and save this setting.

3 - Now, at WordPress Dashboard > Products > Attributes click to configure the terms for the 'matte-mania-shade' attribute and click the update button for every term, this action is needed to make the changes above effective.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by majdA-3 2 weeks, 3 days ago.

Assigned support staff: Marcos Vinicios Barreto.

Author Posts
October 1, 2019 at 11:37 am

majdA-3

Hi,

When I create the website for the first time I remember I put the setting in WPML to copy all attributes name and images for any other language ma main language is English and the other two is Malaysian and Chinese but now the product attribute image is not showing on Malay language but only in English.
I need help as soon as possible, please.

Thanks in advance,

October 1, 2019 at 7:05 pm
October 1, 2019 at 7:05 pm #4675021

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Bahia (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

Please, take a look at my private reply above. Thanks!

October 1, 2019 at 9:44 pm #4675531

majdA-3

Hi Marcos,

The migration is ready now. This is the link: hidden link

Thank you,

October 3, 2019 at 7:53 am #4685521

majdA-3

Hi,

I'm still waiting for your kind reply.

Thank you,

October 3, 2019 at 12:34 pm #4687679

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Bahia (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

Thank you for your patience while waited for a reply and sorry for the bit of waiting here, some extra hours were required to investigate this issue. As regarding your issue I could manage to make the images attributes for the translated 'Matte Mania' product to work properly with these steps:

1 - In your WordPress Dashboard > WPML > Settings > Custom Term Meta Translation I set the 'thumbnail_id' term meta key as 'Copy' and saved this setting.

2 - In your WordPress Dashboard > WPML > Settings > Taxonomies Translation I set the 'Product Shade (pa_matte-mania-shade)' taxonomy as 'Translatable - use translation if available or fallback to default language' (this is the custom taxonomy assigned to your 'Matte Mania' product) and saved this setting.

3 - Now, in your WordPress Dashboard > Products > Attributes I clicked to configure the terms for the 'matte-mania-shade' attribute and clicked the update button for every term, this action is needed to make the changes above effective.

4 - You can see the results of these steps at: hidden link. Remember to click to unhide the 'Malay' language in your WordPress Dashboard > WPML > Languages > Hide Languages in order to see these changes.

Now, you can repeat the same steps for any other custom taxonomy and terms. Please, let me know if you need any additional assistance and clarifications, have a nice day.

October 3, 2019 at 6:25 pm #4690749

majdA-3

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!