This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Laura 3 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Laura.

Author Posts
July 10, 2019 at 11:49 am #4179723

Olivier

Hello Laura,

I confirm that the complete site is broken. It took me 3 days to try to rebuild the pages and the menus...

I didn't see the "This is a translation of" in the dropdown menu, but "Language of this page". When I changed the language, it was not possible to link it as a translation of the original english page. I had to copy/paste manually all the content...

I still have to do this operation for all the posts and it's the same problem (see picture). I made a test with one post in spanish. The URL is correctly linked to the language:

hidden link

But it's not indicated as a translation of the original english post. How could I fix this? I'm affraid I will also have to manually copy/paste all the content if I want to link it with the original posts...

I also still have an issue with the products. I can't translate the attributes (color and size) with Woo Commerce Multilingual. When I select the attribute to translate, the data is stuck in "loading"...

Could you have a look and help me? Thanks again

July 11, 2019 at 7:36 am #4186721

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

could you try to:
- disable String Translation
- resave attributes
- enable String Translation again and see if this time the page loads?

July 11, 2019 at 10:29 am #4188665

Olivier

Hello Laura,

I followed your instructions. It's still not working...

July 16, 2019 at 2:03 pm #4220815

Olivier

Hello Laura,

The attributes are now loading correctly (strangely, without any manipulation on my part).
I now have another message error (see image).

Should I first link again all the translations of the products to the original english product before I start the synchronization?

I guess that we can then close this topic. Thanks again for your help.

July 17, 2019 at 7:58 am #4226827

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

probably it's better to have all products linked, so you don't risk to repeat the process.