This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 10 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by David 6 years, 2 months ago.

Assigned support staff: David.

Author Posts
May 12, 2013 at 8:04 am #126594

irene

Hi, i am using woocommerce with WPML and i have an error when translating products. I have two languages Greek and English, and english is my main language.

So when i create a new product in english i add some attributes/variations for the shoe's size, let's say 36-40. And it works fine!! Then i create a greek translation by clicking on "duplicate" and "+" icon. The problem here is that it skips some sizes, eg it only shows 36-39.... How do i fix this?? Is it sth that i am doing wrong?

eg:
for english - hidden link
for greek - hidden link

thanks

May 12, 2013 at 11:20 am #126611

David
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Dear Irene,

I need some more information:

a) Are all your plugins up to date? (You can use WooCommerce->System Status to provide this info to us)

b) How are you defining the attribute values? Through 'Product->Attributes' or through 'Add custom attribute'? (Translation works quite differently in these two cases, please check the docs at http://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/woocommerce-multilingual/ for more info)

c) Are all the attribute values translated before hand, i.e. before duplicating? In the example you provide, do you have a Greek term for '40'? Not having all attributes translated before hand is the most common source of this problem.

d) How do both products look from their edit-product admin pages? Are the variations missing there already? You can try to resynch variations or attributes when they become unsynched by deleting them from the translated product, so that they are recoiped from the original.

Regards

Alvaro

May 13, 2013 at 9:26 am #126794

irene

Dear Alvaro,

Thanks for your quick response.

1) All plugins seem to be up-to-date.

2) I define the attributes through Products->Attributes. I first create a product with all attributes/variations and after i finish the english version i click on button "Duplicate" to create a duplicate for the greek version. I followed the tutorial you sent me and it's not working.

3) Yes i have translated each attribute in the Product->Attributes section before creating the product and making a duplicate.

4) The english version of edit-product looks correct whereas the greek version seems to have some missing attributes. I edit them manually so that i add the missing attributes but it once i click on update it doesn't accept the new values, so basically nothing changes even when i edit them..

I tried to "translate independently" and changed the attributes, but there are still some missing values...

Please help me! I don't know what i am doing wrong..
I can send you the password if you want to check for yourself.

Thanks!!

May 13, 2013 at 9:43 am #126801

David
Supporter

Hi Irene,

Thanks for the info. A couple of points:

- synchronization of attributes and variations happens after you save the post. You might not see them in the translated product before that.
- you should NOT edit variations and attributes in the translated products. As it says in the documentation (in a big green notice), these are recopied (translated) from the original everytime the post is saved.
- normally, I would always tick 'Translate independently', unless you want product title and description to become resynched everytime you save - that is, unless you want the translated product to be (and remain) an exact duplicate of the original. 'Translate independently' does not affect atrributes and variations, they are synchronized anyway.

If this doesn't help, I could check your wp-admin and see your database to try to debug the problem. If you wish me to do so, please say so and I'll send you a email so that you can send me access credentials securely.

Regards

Alvaro

May 13, 2013 at 9:46 am #126803

David
Supporter

Oh, I see you had already requested to send access details. I've just sent you a private email so that you can send them to me.

Alvaro

May 15, 2013 at 4:10 pm #127572

Thomas

Hi Alvaro,

I seem to have the same problem as Irene. When I save a translation, the attributes are copied just fine. The variations though don't seem to be ok. The price, dimensions, etc. are copied correctly, but not the attributes name and also, the variations do not appear in the dropdown on the product page.
The original language shows everything just fine, and of course the attributes are translated into the other languages.

It's been a while we're struggling with that part of our installation and your help would be much appreciated.

I just updated to
WooCommerce Multilingual 2.3.2
WPML Multilingual CMS 2.8.1
WooCommerce 2.0.10
WP 3.5.1

Thank you,
Thomas

May 16, 2013 at 7:53 am #127707

David
Supporter

Hi Thomas,

I'm still debugging Irene's site, I was able to reproduce the problem at her site but we need some more time to locate the cause of the problem and fix it. I'll let you both know as soon as I have news.

Regards

Alvaro

May 27, 2013 at 11:36 am #130608

Thomas

Dear Alvaro,
I wondered if there is any news about a bugfix?
Regards,
Thomas

May 27, 2013 at 11:54 am #130614

David
Supporter

Hi Thomas,

Sorry for the delay, couldn't make it into my job queue. David is going to look into it now.

Regards

Alvaro

May 27, 2013 at 4:56 pm #130720

David
Supporter

Dear Irene,

Alvaro has reassigned this issue to me, but the credentials are not working. I will send you a private email now so you can send them to me.

Thanks,
David

May 30, 2013 at 7:36 am #131472

David
Supporter

Irene confirmed she resolved the issue starting from scratch.

Thomas, can you open a new thread if you continue with problems?

Thanks!
David