Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.5 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: The author profile is not showing in German even that I translated it in string translation. Solution: Make sure that the Translation is complete box is checked in String translation. This will make the description translation work fine.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by patrickL-55 4 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Radu.

Author Posts
July 22, 2019 at 1:51 pm #4258111

patrickL-55

The author profile is not showing in German even that I translated it in string translation: hidden link

July 22, 2019 at 8:40 pm #4261207

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+02:00)

Hey Patrick,

Can you give me a few more details about the missing author profile, please? I could see that there's a short description at the end of the post but that's visible on both languages. Can you attach a screenshot from the English page with the part that should be visible on German too, please?

Thanks,
Radu

July 24, 2019 at 4:26 am #4270171

patrickL-55

this is the english site hidden link
this is the german site hidden link
yet both author profiles appear in english (Paedii is a Swiss-based outdoor photographer. He fo....)

July 24, 2019 at 6:44 am #4270715

Radu
Supporter

Hey Patrick,

Can you go to Dashboard → WPML → String translation, scroll down the page to the More option section, click the edit button, select the user role you'd like to be able to translate, and then hit the Apply button, please? Once you do this, the right details of the user should be available for translation. If the issue is still once you do this change, please give me access to the dashboard area and I'll have a closer look at this.

Thanks,
Radu

July 25, 2019 at 5:12 am #4279113

Radu
Supporter

Hey Patrick,

Can you check this page again now, please? hidden link I checked the String translation page and it seems that the Translation is complete box was not checked. Now, the author description is different in each language.

Thanks,
Radu

July 25, 2019 at 4:31 pm #4285177

patrickL-55

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!