Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Mateus Getulio 2 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Mateus Getulio.

Author Posts
November 25, 2021 at 8:33 pm #10070689

gustavoF-11

I am trying to: translated in wpml strings author description, but still shows up in front end only 1 language.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: translated description.

Captura de pantalla 2021-11-25 a las 21.32.11.png
Captura de pantalla 2021-11-25 a las 21.32.04.png
November 26, 2021 at 7:10 pm #10076643

Mateus Getulio
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hey there,

Welcome to the WPML support forum. I'll be glad to help you!

Some very specific strings, registered via the wpml_translate_single_string hook or the deprecated call to icl_translate may not translate in some cases. It might be the case, so let's try the solution of this errata: https://wpml.org/errata/in-some-cases-some-strings-are-not-translating-properly/

Please follow these steps:

- Make sure that the ../wp-content/languages/wpml/ directory exists and is writable.
- First, find the problematic string.
- Go to the WPML -> String Translation page and remove the problematic string.
- Go to the WPML -> String Translation page and in the Auto register strings for translation section, enable the Look for strings while pages are rendered option.
- Re-visit the page on the front-end where the string appears.
- Re-visit the WPML -> String Translation page and search for that string.
- Translate the string.

After translating the string, remember to un-check the auto-registration option. Please give it a try and let us know how it goes. We're looking forward to your reply.

Kind regards,
Mateus.