This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Raja Mohammed 5 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Raja Mohammed.

Author Posts
June 18, 2019 at 3:52 pm #4044981

hlaingM

Hi,

The second language I am working with has different types of font. For instance, the default locale (built-in wordpress translations) is a unicode font which must be installed in the browser for proper display of the font. If that specific font is not installed in the browser, the characters are not readable/properly displayed

Similarly, I am using the font (Zawgyi-One) for translation which must be installed in the browser if one wants to see the translation. Is there a way to carry or embed the font in the site that will enable the users who do not have my font installed in their browser to see my translations when they load my site?

Thank you.

June 19, 2019 at 10:16 am #4050573

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hi there,

This can be achieved by a custom code using our WPML API, the Custom code is beyond our support capability however I can help you with a useful hook wpml_current_language hook to check the current language of the site and force the font download.
Please refer to the documentation => https://wpml.org/wpml-hook/wpml_current_language/

I hope this helps you better, let me know if you need further assistance.

Kind regards
Raja

June 19, 2019 at 11:28 am #4051119

hlaingM

Hi Raja,

Thank you for the info.

Is it possible for the font that is forcefully downloaded to be automatically installed in the browser?

Do you have any other resources or information that will enable non-developers to do something like this?

Do you know how long it takes typically for a developer to write the codes for a task like this?

Thanks.

June 20, 2019 at 4:56 am #4056631

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hi,

The requirement needs custom codes which can only be achieved by the help of a developer, I am not sure about whether it is possible to installed font automatically to the browser that's beyond our plugin scope. I would suggest consulting with your developer for better clarity and scope.

We will be able to answer about anything related to WPML, point you in the right directions and help you use WPML better (much better).

Please refer to our support: https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/

Kind regards
Raja