Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.4 before reporting any issue

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Vincenzo 4 years, 6 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Vincenzo.

Author Posts
April 23, 2015 at 8:41 pm #605135

michaelK-3

I am trying to Auto-sync everything from my original language - featured images, body copy, ACF's -basically everything EXCEPT for the Page Title and Permalink of the page.

Is there something in the code we can adjust to make that happen?

Right now, if we use the "Overwrite with English content" the page title and permalink will be in English as well. I can provide link / more info / images in a private message if needed.

Thank you!

April 27, 2015 at 7:59 am #606533

Vincenzo
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+01:00)

Hello and thank you for contacting WPML support!
Sorry for the delayed answer.

Have to say, this is a good question.

However, I think it is currently not possible to exempt the title from the synchronizing.
It is an all or nothing matter.

Looks to me as if this requires some coding.

What can say is this:
1) WPML hooks into the "save_post" of WP with $sitepress::save_post_actions()
2) The "keeping in synch" of posts is done there

You can try this approach - do *not* use our duplication / keeping in synch functionality at all.
Implement your own.

1) Give translated post an extra custom field, like "Keep main content in synch".

2) Create function which reads the "wp_posts.post_content" field of the original post and copies it into the translated post - but only if that post has the custom field.

3) Hook this function to the "save_post" action of WP, give the hook priority over 1000 to make sure its the last one executed

Hope this helps

The topic ‘[Closed] Auto-sync everything but the permalink and page title’ is closed to new replies.