This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Author Posts
May 2, 2019 at 5:20 am #3721751

satishM-2

I run Woo-commerce Store hidden link

I use English to Hindi Language Translation only.

I only translate product title using manual editor rest field i copy with original fields.

I have CUSTOM PRODUCT ATTRIBUTE like this- "100gms - $2.65" and this is the only attribute i have on my site.
Every time the price updates i have to Update this Attribute using Manual Editor while all other translated fields are unchanged.

My requirement is that every time i update the said attribute and update the product by clicking update product button can it automatically reflect or sync in the translation instead of me doing it everytime using manual translator.

In the screen shot below i updated the product price to 45 from 40, as you can see i have to update the single field of Custom Product Attribute Everytime manually currently.

May 2, 2019 at 12:58 pm #3724651

Bigul
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello,

Welcome to the WPML support forum. I will do my best to help you to resolve these issues. Please share the following details to track the issue.

a) I would like to access the admin area of your site for further checking. Please fill the private details fields after a full site backup.

Please check the following links for more details about our private information sharing policies.

https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

hidden link

b) To help you faster, I've enabled debug information for this support ticket. Please see this link for how to get this information from your site and give it to us: http://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

--
Thanks!

Bigul

May 6, 2019 at 2:27 pm #3749797

Bigul
Supporter

Hi Raunak,

Thank you for the login and Debug information. This may be happening because of the older version of WPML(4.1.1). The latest version is WPML 4.2.6. So please upgrade to the latest version after a full site backup and make sure the issue is existing or not.

Also please make sure you have marked the *Translation is complete* option while saving the translation from WPML Translation Editor.

You have already had a Global Attribute *Weight*. So it is better used for the products instead of having custom attributes. Any special reason for this?

Please check the attached images for more details and let me know your feedback.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

May 7, 2019 at 10:24 am #3756333

satishM-2

Hello,

The reason we use custom attribute instead of a global attribute like weight is because our team figured this is a good way to show the mutiple price and weight options in our store as customers are not keen on viewing product pages for basic grocery items. Futher details explained in screen shot.

Further Which of the following plugins should i update:
WPML Multilingual CMS 4.1.1
WPML String Translation 2.9.0
WPML Translation Management 2.7.0
Woocommerce Multilingual 4.3.7

Are all four to be updated for the resolution of the issue.

Will i loose my translation data in the process of update as on youtube is can see procedures which are asking to delete the previous plugin version before installing the new version.
Which procedure of update should i follow can you send me a link i can follow for update procedure so that i don't loose translation data.

Regards,
Raunak

May 7, 2019 at 5:43 pm #3761025

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the details. The screenshot you have shared is an old one I guess. Can you please share that ticket URL(the screenshot you have shared) for further checking. Normally we will not lose translation data while upgrading WPML plugins.

We always recommend using the latest version of WPML and other plugins because of the security, performance and compatibility reasons. So please upgrade to the latest versions after a full site backup.

You can directly upgrade the WPML plugin from Plugins or Plugins Commercial page after a full site backup. Please check the following documentation for more details.

https://wpml.org/faq/install-wpml/#register

--
Thanks!

Bigul

May 8, 2019 at 10:35 am #3765621

satishM-2

Hello,

I have tried the Updating Procedure from the commercial section of WPML on my wordpress-woocommerce site but every time it is giving the error "Download failed- Please try again after refreshing the page." However on refreshing the page the same error repeats.
My WPML versions are already registered for both the live site and the staging site, but automatic update it seems is not working.
What are the steps manual update procedure should i follow so that i don't loose translation data.

https://wpml.org/faq/install-wpml/#register

This link you have shared with me only gives manual procedure for first time Wpml installs.
What is the manual procedure for subsequent installs (without loosing translation data) when automatic update fails.

The screen shot i had sent you in my previous reply was from a random search result on manual update of wpml plugin, i don't have the link for it now.

Regards,
Raunak

May 8, 2019 at 5:56 pm #3769649

Bigul
Supporter

Hi Raunak,

Thank you for the updates. This may be a compatibility issue with your server. Because the plugins are not showing upgrade message in Dashboard>>Updates or Plugins list. Please check the attached images. Do you have any server-side cache system?

Please check the following documentation to know more about upgrading WPML plugins manually and let me know your feedback.

https://wpml.org/faq/install-wpml/#updating-manually

--
Thanks!

Bigul

May 9, 2019 at 3:28 pm #3777735

satishM-2

Hi Bigul,

I have updated the WPML versions to the latest versions as per the instructions.
I have not lost translation data in the process.

Now how can the original issue of this thread be resolved. Can you check and let me know.

Regards,
Raunak

May 10, 2019 at 8:41 am #3782295

satishM-2

Hello,
I feel like sharing this link with you,
If this could be of any significance to our ticket.

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/copy-custom-product-attributes/

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/translating-shortcode-attributes/

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/copying-product-variation-custom-field/

Regards,
Raunak

May 10, 2019 at 9:53 am #3782975

Bigul
Supporter

Hi Raunak,

Thank you for the updates. But now not able to access the site. It is showing *Unauthorized* error. Please check the attached image.

I am checking the issue with our team. So please let me know the following to track the issue.

a) Does it happen with all the products which having custom attributes

b) Please share the steps to reproduce the issue(To avoid wrong steps on your site. We always do debug after taking a local copy)

--
Thanks!

Bigul

May 12, 2019 at 12:34 pm #3792979

satishM-2

Dear Bigul,

You will be able to access the site in private tab or incognito tab.
The credentials are as previously given to you.
Please read the credentials again for in any issue.

All products have custom attributes in the same format as "100gm -Rs. 199"

To reproduce the issue you can simply change the custom attribute of any product and then change the price related to that attribute in the variations section.
For Example:
Say a Product X price changes from Rs. 100 for 100gms to Rs. 110 for 100gms

Then custom attribute will change from 100gm - Rs. 100 to 100gm - Rs. 110 and the price associated with this variation will have to be changed to 110 from 100gm.

This change which you will make in the custom attribute will currently only reflect in the language in which you will make this change.

The objective of this ticket is to make this change refect in all translations/languages as and when the change has been made in the default or admin language.

You will see that any change in the custom attribute is not auotmatically replicated in the hindi version of the site. And to show that change in the hindi version we have to go to the manual editor and update the translation.

From what i have understood from reading wpml support threads so far, this possiblity is already there in wpml for global attributes but for custom attributes it requires some kind of coding?

I have shared you such threads in the previous post.

Please take the final call on whether coding is required or not, or any changes in wpml settings can provide a solution to this issue.

Looking forward to your guidance.

Regards,
Raunak

May 13, 2019 at 10:04 am #3796719

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Timezone: Asia/Kathmandu (GMT+05:45)

Hello Raunak,

Since Bigul currently has a few days off, I will replace him here in the forum. I hope this is OK for you 🙂

So you are setting attributes values with prices manually, for examples you perform the below steps:

1) Go to product editor -> attributes and make changes like "100gm - Rs. 100" tp "100gm - Rs.110"

2) Now go to the product -> editor and change the price there too for the updated attribute to Rs.110

Correct?

If so, to auto-synchronize the attributes (copy) you will need custom programming work, which is beyond the scope of our support.

At this point, I would suggest you consider contacting one of our certified partners from this link: http://wpml.org/documentation/support/wpml-contractors/

Before doing so please have a look also here:
http://wpml.org/documentation/support/wpml-contractors/guidelines-for-people-looking-for-consulting-help/

You will get the custom assistance you need to get on with your project.

I am sorry, I couldn't be much help here.

Thanks