Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by annaG-6 5 years, 4 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno.

Author Posts
June 16, 2015 at 10:05 am #639349

eldadY

Hello,

I am working on a new website with multi language and multi currencies on woocommerce. I have used the wpml feature for adding currencies, but currently the currencies are being entered manually.

This can be an issue as it is very hard to keep track of the currencies and implement them manually every X time. Therefore, I am looking for a solution in order to automate this process. There are already services which provide the live currencies update (for example, this one: hidden link), if you implement this feature using one of those services that would be of a great help.

I have found many previous requests from the last year+, where the wpml team have promised to implement this feature, but it doesn't seem like much is happening.

Please, let me know what can be done on this matter.

Thank you!

June 16, 2015 at 8:26 pm #639959

Bruno

Unfortunately at the moment this is not available in WooCommerce Multilingual, however it is being analyzed by our developers.

I have no deadline when this can be added in WooCommerce Multilingual, so it's not a feature of WPML yet, and such a script would need custom coding which is beyond the scope of our support.

We do however have folks working for us. They can do tiny and large jobs for you. Please have a look here: http://wpml.org/documentation/support/wpml-contractors/

Please let me know if I can help you with any other questions you might have.

Thank you.

June 16, 2015 at 10:26 pm #640011

eldadY

I understand this issue will not be resolved by the wpml team anytime soon. For future reference of other people interested, I will mention that I have just found this plugin to be working well for dynamically updating the data: https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-currencies/

This can help until an official implementation is being made.

Thank you! 🙂

September 15, 2015 at 12:42 pm #704555

annaG-6

Hi,

I have the same suggestion - get auto update currency exchange in Woocommerce Multilanguage 😀

@eldady thanks for your mention of this plugin, I was looking for auto updating currency as well but can you tell me how to connect WP Currencies with WPML and Woocommerce? I can't find any clear instructions and I'm not a programmer sadly 🙁
Looking forward to your reply!
Marta