If you are having a notice about writing the .mo files please read this doc

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Jamal 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Jamal.

Author Posts
August 28, 2019 at 11:58 pm #4477039

johannV-2

Hi, on my website vendors can sell activities.

When creating an activity you can choose the locations of the activity from a list. All locations are translated and each translation has its own ID.

When translating an activity I would like to assign it to the same translated locations.

Example: Default language is English. I want to translate an activity to German and it then should be listed in the same German location.

The activities getting assigned to the locations through the custom field "multi_location".
When I set the custom field to Copy in WPML settings, the German activity is getting to the English location.
When I set it to Don´t translate the German activity is not getting assigned to any location.
When I set it to Translate I will have to enter the German location ID in the translation table to make the activity show up in the German location. This is not convenient as I would need to know all the location ID´s and i also want to outsource the translation to third party which is impossible for third party to deal with location ID´s.

So I am wondering if there is a way to show the translated activities in the translated locations automatically. Maybe with Custom XML configuration?

Your help is highly appreciated.

Kind regards, Joann.

August 30, 2019 at 3:17 am #4484613

johannV-2

Hi, I still need assistance.

September 4, 2019 at 12:50 pm #4511201

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+01:00)

Hi,

thanks for contacting us, and sorry for the delay in replying, this is not usual.

When are you talking about custom fields, are they the WordPress custom field or are you using a plugin or something to manage them? Or it's custom code?

September 5, 2019 at 2:35 am #4514737

johannV-2

Hi Laura,

September 5, 2019 at 2:41 am #4514773

johannV-2

thanks for your reply.

The "multi_location" comes with the theme. Its named custom fields in WPML settings. Please see attached screenshot.

September 5, 2019 at 1:05 pm #4519475

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Hello,

Laura won't be available in the coming days. If you don't mind I would take care of this ticket.

I think that what you are asking is not supported by default by WPML. WPML handle relationships between posts and taxonomies but does not with custom fields. We do perform such actions for local attributes for WooCommerce(local attributes), but this is through our glue plugin WooCommerce Multilingual.

To build this feature we'll need custom code. Which is usually out of the scope of this forum.

In the case of Traveler theme, which is listed in our compatibility list, we may approach our compatibility team to help to implement this feature.
https://wpml.org/theme/traveler/

To do so, I'll kindly ask you to reproduce this in one of our clean installs. Please use the following link to login in.
hidden link

Please configure WPML similarly to your website. Upload the Traveler theme. Create and translate a couple of locations and activities to demonstrate this issue. Please also, note the steps to follow to create locations and activities(to be followed by developers and testers).
I'll directly escalate it to our compatibility team.

I hope this makes sense. Looking forward to your reply.

Best regards,
Jamal

The topic ‘[Closed] Autoassign translated activites to translated locations’ is closed to new replies.