Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bigul 4 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Bigul.

Author Posts
May 12, 2020 at 5:08 pm #6115517

Giulio

Hello there,

we switched from WooCommerce Follow Ups to AutomateWoo because it is fully compatible with WPML. During first test days we hadn't any issue with that, but now we found a feature that we can't translate.

Using the short code {{ order.items | template: 'review-rows', url_append: '#review_form' }} the string "Leave a review" do not appears on String Translator.

We already tried to contact AutomateWoo and they answered us this:

/* Start

Since WPML was not created by us at WooCommerce.com, I'm not entirely sure how WPML translates strings within pluging. However, I can say that the way it's coded in AutomateWoo, the string is fully translateable. The string is located in the file /wp-content/plugins/automatewoo/templates/email/review-rows.php and is coded as follows:

<a href="<?php echo esc_url( $product->get_permalink() ); ?>" class="automatewoo-button automatewoo-button--small"><?php esc_html_e( 'Leave a review', 'automatewoo' ); ?></a>

WPML should be able to translate this string within the automatewoo domain, but for details, I suggest you check this in WPML's documentation, or reach out to their support team. While we're experts on our own products, third party plugins are best supported by their own resp. developers (and more importantly, I'd rather not give you any incorrect information).

/* End

So could you help us please? We tried to translate it as usual with String Translator, but we did not find it at all the string.

Thanks a lot.

May 14, 2020 at 11:20 am #6131365

Bigul
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello,

Welcome to the WPML support forum. I will do my best to help you to resolve the issue.

Please try the following steps after a site backup and make sure you are getting the expected result or not.

1) Visit WPML>>String Translation
2) Click on *Can’t find the strings you’re looking to translate?* link
3) Choose *AutomateWoo* from the Plugins list
4) Click on *Scan translation files* button
5) Then search for the *Leave a review* string in the String Translation panel and translate it

Please check this documentation for more details - https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/theme-localization/

--
Thanks!

Bigul