This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Laura 1 year ago.

Assigned support staff: Laura.

Author Posts
October 8, 2018 at 12:08 pm #2795926

rashadA-5

Hello. We bought wpml plugin, but there are some question about it, that we want you to help us. I will describe problem as i can. For example in original page we have button with link: caspian-energy.net/structure/fortune/ but when we copy this page to (for example) Russian language we have the new page with this link : caspian-energy.net/ru/structure/fortune/. So the button in new russian page showing us an old english version link to original page (whithout "/ru/") but instead it we need link that redirect us to russion version. Of cource we can change it manually and make it correct by adding "ru" in button link, but what we must do if we have 4 languages and 300 pages! This will be big waste of time. There must be solution for this problem. I will formulate the question specifically: how can i change links in pages (change all links automatically) and make them go to right language and right link? Thanks.

October 9, 2018 at 12:52 pm #2800010

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

how did you create this button? Is part of the theme? I see yours is a custom theme, so this could be the issue. Usually, links are updated automatically if the theme is compatible.

However, you can try to go to WPML -> Settings and try running Translate Link Targets button, this should fix the issue.

Let me know if this helps you or if you need further assistance.

The topic ‘[Closed] Automatic link change’ is closed to new replies.