This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by flavioD-3 1 week, 1 day ago.

Assigned support staff: Bobby.

Author Posts
October 3, 2019 at 7:56 pm #4691141

flavioD-3

I read the following documentation:

https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/advanced-translation-editor/how-automatic-translation-works/

But I don't know how to open the Automatic Translation Editor shown in the documentation because there doesn't say how to arrive to it and also I noticed a message error like in screenshot attached.

October 3, 2019 at 8:04 pm #4691191

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hi there,

In order to activate WPML Advanced Translation Editor(ATE) , go to

WPML->Settings->How to translate posts and pages-> Use WPML's Advanced Translation Editor

Let me know your results once that is enabled.

Regarding the message, if possible, please translate it for me so I can better understand what it is referring to.

October 4, 2019 at 3:55 am #4692685

flavioD-3

Yes, that I already enabled, but what I have to do now to automatically translate all woocommerce products?

October 4, 2019 at 5:31 pm #4697855

Bobby
Supporter

Hello,

Once WPML ATE is enabled correctly you should be able to go to WooCommerce->WooCommerce Multilingual->Products->click on "+" sign to add a translation

Afterwards, the ATE editor will open and you will be greeted with an option to translate manually or automatically.

Even if you decide to translate manually, you can still click on the "thunderbolt" icon to translate automatically.

Let me know your results, please.

October 4, 2019 at 6:08 pm #4698071

flavioD-3

Perfect, just a last question please, is there a way to send all products for automatic translation at the same time? Having 565 products will not be easy to send them one by one.
Thank you for your support

October 4, 2019 at 6:54 pm #4698261

Bobby
Supporter

At the moment there is not an option to select all products and automatically send them for translation unless you use a 3rd party Translation Service.

For more information on Translation Services please review the following Documentation:
https://wpml.org/translation-service/

NOTE: If you wish to simply be able to show your products in the second language without a translation you can duplicate them by utilizing the batch duplication feature of WPML Translation Management.

Duplication simply copies over the default language to the secondary language, until you are ready to later one add the translation using ATE.

In order to use Batch Duplication go to WPML->Translation management->Filter by products->Select the products-> at the bottom choose "Duplicate" under the desired language.

October 6, 2019 at 6:40 am #4701737

flavioD-3

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!