Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 46 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by louisN-4 2 weeks, 3 days ago.

Assigned support staff: Mihai Apetrei.

Author Posts
January 22, 2021 at 9:56 pm #7909227

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+02:00)

Hi there.

First of all, I would like to thank you for the credentials.

I spent today a good amount of time on your website debugging and analyzing the situation and there are a couple of things that will need your attention.

The jobs that we are seeing in the "Translation Tools" tab page are probably still part of the WPML > "Translations" jobs list, but the issue is that when I try to visit that page (hidden link), I see this error:

"There has been a critical error on this website. Please check your site admin email inbox for instructions."

Also, probably you have received an email already about this as the notice mentions but I have no idea what errors does that email contain.

Outside of that, I can see that there are plugin updates available here (hidden link) and I can also see that the theme that you are using is on a very very old version (2.9.9) when the latest version of this theme is at version 4.3.1 (you can search for "changelog" in this page: hidden link) - that is a very very big gap between theme versions and it can cause a lot of serious issues on the security side, on the performance side and also in the database.

There's a big chance that this is what broke things and caused the error that we are seeing on the "Translations" page.

The theme is also missing from our official WPML-compatible theme repository here (https://wpml.org/documentation/theme-compatibility) so my guess is that the theme is also not fully compatible with WPML.

Regarding that, I would suggest that you contact the theme authors and recommend them to join our 'Go Global' program (https://wpml.org/documentation/theme-compatibility/go-global-program/) where our Compatibility developers will help them make their product 100% compatible with WPML for free.

Also, please make sure to update the theme (please create a full website backup first because when you jump from such an old version to a very new one, that version discrepancy can cause all kinds of errors on the website).

Regarding the fact that we not able to remove those jobs from the list, I think that issue is strictly related to the fact that we don't have access to the "Translations" page jobs list and that would need to be fixed first.

However, the fact that you can't remove those jobs from that list shouldn't affect your website's functionality - is there anything specific that you are trying to accomplish and that stops you?

I'm asking this because I first think about your site - it doesn't look like there's been a constant maintenance process for it and I'm afraid that updating things to the latest version will affect the website's functionality so I want to share with you all these thoughs just so that you can better understand my concerns.

I won't be working on the weekend but I will be back on Monday in case you would still want to have this accomplished.

Due to the complexity of the situation, after everything is fully updated on the website to the latest version and after you share with me the errors that you received via email, I will need to escalate this to our developers 2nd tier team and that will also take some time so there is no quick solution for this at the moment as far as I see it.

I will be waiting for your response regarding what I wrote above.

Please take care and stay safe.
Have an amazing weekend.

Mihai

January 22, 2021 at 10:48 pm #7909371

louisN-4

i msged our admin, but i don't expect him to work during the weekend as well

my quesiton for now is where did you see the theme version

PS. wpml works great on our site, i just like order, and this is why i want to remove the jobs from translation tools:
hidden link

January 22, 2021 at 10:54 pm #7909383

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi there.

The theme version can be seen if you go to Appearance > Themes > and then you hover your mouse over the main theme (not the child theme).

I'm attaching 2 screenshots so that you can see what I mean.

January 23, 2021 at 11:52 am #7911773

louisN-4

we can rule out the theme version, the 2.9 is actually not long ago, and here is the update list

in addition, we imported a lot of products through woocomerce, and they are not visible on the HE part of the site, do you know why?

GO TO hidden link
scroll all the way down
and pick any product, for example
hidden link

and you get 404 error

January 23, 2021 at 9:43 pm #7913183

louisN-4

to handle the problems where the tasks could not be deleted from
hidden link

i simply added a credit card and translated them, it seems once a job is processed on queue to automatic translation, they can't be deleted

regarding the page not working:
hidden link

its related to an import products through woocomerce that our developer made, that for some reason did not assigned to hebrew, he will check why, but it would be also nice if you would check

January 24, 2021 at 10:40 am #7915093

louisN-4

the server admin, gave me this error from wordpress log error, it shows the wpmL error for the page we discussed
hidden link

January 25, 2021 at 1:18 pm #7921719

louisN-4

We removed all the products,
and imported again,

we see there are hebrew products, but we can't access them,
can you tell us what we are missing here?

so we can translate them?

January 25, 2021 at 5:26 pm #7924677

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi there and welcome back.

From what I can understand, there are multiple issues that you are experiencing with WPML on your site.

As the initial issue reported in the ticket was resolved (https://wpml.org/forums/topic/automatic-translation-execution/#post-7860217), I will need you to please open a new ticket for each of the new issues.

We are allowed to handle only one issue per ticket.

Continuing with one issue per ticket helps not only supporters to focus on one issue at once, but also enables other users to find solutions to their questions faster.

Also, in order for our team to be able to help with any compatibility issue, we will always need the customer to have all the plugins and the theme updated to the latest version. I know that it seems to you that the updates are pretty recent but there are some notes there where it is said "Some minor bugs fixed" which could also be somehow related with some WPML compatibility issues, that is why we always need to be on the latest version.

Thank you very much for your understanding and we are looking forward to helping you with the other issues in the upcoming tickets.

Kind regards,
Mihai

January 25, 2021 at 5:31 pm #7924691

louisN-4

Mihai,
I am sorry but that is not possible, and that is also not acceptable,
I have another wordpress server (not this) that on propose i don't upgrade above 5.29
and the guys from criticalcss.com are helping me out improve speed,
and i don't disrespect you, but they are very high level personas

I sent you the log files of the wordpress, and i sent you the debug of wpml,
you should be able to resolve it.

+ the escuse of you saying the theme is old, is non sense, since its october 2020, wpml excist LONG before that

so i urge you to please bring senior engeneer and try to solve my problem please

January 25, 2021 at 6:09 pm #7925071

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi there.

Maybe I was not clear enough so sorry for that and let me try again.

This ticket started with this initial request (https://wpml.org/forums/topic/automatic-translation-execution/#post-7860217) which was handled already.

After that, we had another request (a new one) regarding the removal of the jobs in the Automatic Translation list.

At that moment, I went forward asking for some extra information so that I can fully understand what you mean and try to see if there's any quick solution for this.

Taking into consideration that I was able to find a couple of things after my initial debugging, I went forward and shared them with you in my reply here (https://wpml.org/forums/topic/automatic-translation-execution/page/2/#post-7909227) just so you know what to look for.

I wanted to dig in a bit (instead of just asking for the creation of a new ticket for the new request) because I wanted to see if there's a quick solution that I can help you with or, if not, so that you will at least have some extra information from my debugging process that could help you going forward with that issue into the new ticket.

This one ("in addition, we imported a lot of products through woocomerce, and they are not visible on the HE part of the site, do you know why?") is also another request.

Then we had this other one (from what I can read, it might be related with the request above or it might be the same request written in a different form): "We removed all the products, and imported again, - we see there are hebrew products, but we can't access them, can you tell us what we are missing here?"

I did not request these steps and I am not sure why they have been taken but this is also a new request that will request extra time for debugging.

Regarding my mention where I said that everything needs to be updated to the latest version, please let me assure you of the fact that this is not an excuse but actually it is a request that is part of our Support policy and every customer who wants to get help for a specific issue need to make sure that they have:

1. a full website backup before giving us access to the website
2. and also need to make sure that everything is updated to the latest version

I would be more than happy to help you splitting all of these new requests into unique tickets that I can create for you if you consider that would save you some extra time and would help.

I hope that I was able to explain things a bit more clearly this time.

I will be waiting for your response.

Kind regards,
Mihai

January 25, 2021 at 6:45 pm #7925215

louisN-4

Mihai,
I will be really direct,
I am very used to using transposh,
our programmer asked us to use wpml and so i gave it a chance,

please dont ask me to update all the versions, because that is:
1. unacceptable by any standard of wordpress
2. really irrelevant
3. you already told me you saw you have a bug and updated your tech team.

please with this case, ignore everything else i mentioned you (since i opened seperate tickets), only fix why this page shows an error:
hidden link

IT HAS 0% RELATION TO THE THEME

January 26, 2021 at 4:37 pm #7934017

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi.

To further debug the problem I’d like to replicate your site locally.

I will need your written approval to be able to duplicate and test your site on a local environment so can you please let me know if this is ok with you?

I will be waiting for your response.

Kind regards,
Mihai

January 26, 2021 at 6:52 pm #7935259

louisN-4

you have my approval and thank you

January 27, 2021 at 4:28 pm #7943793

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Thank you for your confirmation.

I'm leaving the ticket assigned to myself while I debug on this issue.

I will get back to you as soon as I have any news.

Mihai

January 28, 2021 at 4:26 pm #7954531

louisN-4

any update please?