This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Mladen Andrejic 4 years, 2 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Mladen Andrejic.

Author Posts
April 21, 2015 at 8:53 am #603074

beverlyM

I am trying to: clicking automatic translations

URL of (my) website where problem appears:
hidden link|645d044f2ae48fb759447169830f8dc2;admin|9dddaf2056622a00991554137beeb8af#adm-proceed

I expected to see:
hidden link

Instead, I got:
clicking proceed, marking the checkbox, getting this message:
hidden link

April 22, 2015 at 8:38 am #603778

Mladen Andrejic

Hello,

1. Please confirm that your WordPress and WPML Plugins are up to date. I can see from your debug info that you have String Translation 2.1.2, but there is version 2.1.3 that you should install.

2. After the updates,

- Go to WPML > Theme and Plugins localization
- Make sure that you use "WPML will automatically download translations for WordPress" option under section "Select how to get translations for WordPress core"
- Click "Check now" button
- After the checking, click "Review and update" button
- and complete the process

If you are still experiencing issues,

3. Try to update your translations when

- All non WPML Plugins are disabled
- Theme is set to default Twenty Fourteen

4. Also, could you provide me the debug.log? Here are the instructions on how to activate it https://wpml.org/documentation/support/debugging-wpml/

After you enter the code, try to update your translations and see if any error is appearing in your debug.log (and paste it here).

5. Please use the Chrome built-in console and see if there are any errors displayed when trying to update your translations? (You can access the console from Menu > Tools > JavaScript Console)

Thanks.

April 22, 2015 at 12:33 pm #604023

beverlyM

Im stuck at 2.
the button you refer to is missing.
hidden link

it feels like I am supposed to click "all" checkboxes but I have no checkboxes?

April 22, 2015 at 12:39 pm #604031

Mladen Andrejic

Hello,

Actually this button should appear after checking the updates in the blue box (I will attach a screenshot).

But now where you are, you should just click on go to the bottom and now click on Proceed button, and import should be done.

Thanks.

May 11, 2015 at 9:14 pm #616681

beverlyM

Still same problem. been updating all plugins.

May 12, 2015 at 6:33 am #616803

Mladen Andrejic

Hello,

Can you please try to follow the rest of the steps I listed in my previous answer?

3. Try to update your translations when

- All non WPML Plugins are disabled
- Theme is set to default Twenty Fourteen

(I think this should work)

4. Also, could you provide me the debug.log? Here are the instructions on how to activate it https://wpml.org/documentation/support/debugging-wpml/

After you enter the code, try to update your translations and see if any error is appearing in your debug.log (and paste it here).

5. Please use the Chrome built-in console and see if there are any errors displayed when trying to update your translations? (You can access the console from Menu > Tools > JavaScript Console)

Thanks.

The topic ‘[Closed] automatic translations fail’ is closed to new replies.