This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 2.67 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 14 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by aitanaM 2 weeks, 1 day ago.

Assigned support staff: Lauren.

Author Posts
September 18, 2019 at 12:16 pm #4596269

aitanaM

Hi, for some reasons wordpress says I need to update some of the componentes of WPML but the plugins are not showing the update option as they used to. The web is registered. I wouldn't want to download and upload to update, what's going on?

Thanks for your help,

Corina

September 18, 2019 at 12:30 pm #4596557

Lauren
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Thank you for contacting WPML support. I'll be happy to help you with this. Please go to Plugins -> Add New and click the Commercial tab. On this screen, click "Check for Updates". If there are available updates, you can update from this screen.

September 18, 2019 at 12:34 pm #4596583

aitanaM

Hi Lauren, thanks for your help, it says download fail!

Why is this happening?

Regards,
C.

September 18, 2019 at 1:40 pm #4597189

Lauren
Supporter

It may be that there is something on the server side that is blocking the update. I also see that you are updating from a much older install, and this could be the cause as well. In this case, I suggest manually updating and then you should be able to automatically update moving forward, as long as there is nothing on the server side blocking the update.

To do this, please deactivate and delete WPML plugins. You will not lose your translations. Then, go to http://www.wpml.org/account/downloads and download the latest version of the core plugin, Sitepress Multilingual CMS. Install this plugin via the Plugins page.

Then, go to Plugins -> Add New and click on the Commercial tab and from this screen, install and activate the add ons that you need.

Please let me know if you need any further assistance and I will be happy to help.

September 18, 2019 at 2:52 pm #4597761

aitanaM

Ufff, Ok, well yes, the older install might be because I'm not receiving the updates notifications, and for some reason the warning didn't appear until today (I update at least monthly everything on WP).

I'll try and talk with the hosting provider and see. Do you think something might crash if updating from a much older install?! If, the server manages to solve this, you would still recommend a manual update?

I need to know and measure the risks before going forward.

Regards,
C.

September 18, 2019 at 5:03 pm #4599259

Lauren
Supporter

You shouldn't have any crash from updating the plugins, but it's always best to have a full backup of your site just in case something goes wrong. Once you are able to update to the latest version, you should be able to use automatic updates moving forward.

September 18, 2019 at 5:13 pm #4599319

aitanaM

So you think, even though talking to my hosting provider, the solution would be to update manually?

Regards,
C.

September 18, 2019 at 5:20 pm #4599327

Lauren
Supporter

I think uploading manually will immediately get you the most up to date plugins. Then, moving forward, if you are still unable to run automatic updates, then I would suggest asking the hosting provider for further assistance, and check the server error logs to see if there is any error.

September 18, 2019 at 5:48 pm #4599363

aitanaM

Ok great, thank you.

Regards,
Corina

September 18, 2019 at 7:14 pm #4599677

Lauren
Supporter

You are very welcome. If the manual update works, then you can mark this ticket as resolved. If not, let me know and I'll be happy to further troubleshoot.

September 25, 2019 at 9:39 am #4637265

aitanaM

Hi Lauren, I haven't had the chance yet to update manually as it will affect the front end, so I have to do it at time with less traffic.

As soon as am able to do it I'll let you know.

Regards and thanks,

Corina

September 25, 2019 at 12:19 pm #4638637

Lauren
Supporter

Okay, I totally understand. Thanks so much for the update.

October 3, 2019 at 3:39 pm #4689443

aitanaM

Hi Lauren, I haven't had the chance to do the manual update. But wanted to do some testing today.

I have a test enviroment on the same hosting provider. And I was able to automatically update all wpml plugins from those old versions to new ones (I now have a new problem and also shows on production side for which I'll open a new ticket).

But for some reason I was able to do it on my test enviroment and not production, the strange thing is that on production it doesn't even show the update option on the plugin so I can try again.

Is there something we could check about this? I would really like to skip the manual update as the web will not show correctly.

Regards and thank you for your help.

Corina

October 3, 2019 at 4:50 pm #4689903

aitanaM

Hi Lauren, I have a set of plugins that I didn't install they're form GotoSystem and it seems it has to do with WPML. Was this you? Can I delete them?

Regards,
C.

October 3, 2019 at 5:09 pm #4689999

aitanaM

Hi Lauren,

Seems like I was able to update de plugins this time through add new / Comercial. I supose the other day had to do something with the server.

The bug that I mentioned on my previous message seems to be fixed. So for now it seems all good.

Just need to know about the plugins mentioned above from onthegosystems.

Regards,

C.