This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: Translate Avada theme options.

Solution: Go to the theme options screen and change the language using the Language Switcher at the top admin bar. Now just modify the fields you need and save.

Relevant Documentation: https://wpml.org/documentation/theme-compatibility/using-wpml-with-the-avada-theme/

50% of people find this useful.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Martynas.V 1 year, 3 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Diego Pereira.

Author Posts
June 28, 2018 at 12:14 pm #2441054

marcialB

Hi there

I'd like to translate the copyright text from Avada theme options. You suggest to change the the language while being in the theme options. I don't like that solution. Because in case I have to adjust something, I have to edit all the languages.

Therefore I'd like to use the string translation. However, there the text for the copyright areas doesn't show up. How can I do that?

Best,
Marcial

June 28, 2018 at 5:38 pm #2442434

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hi there @marcialb,

Depending on how Avada stores this copyright text on the database, I can register this string in the String Translator through the wpml-config.xml.

Could you please send us access to your WordPress dashboard (website URL, login and password) I'll check and do some tests. - Please use the private field to send the sensitive data - do not post if you do not see it.

It would be better if you give me a test site rather than the live site.

IMPORTANT We always recommend to backup a working copy of site files and database before.

Regards,
Diego

June 29, 2018 at 7:55 am #2443448

marcialB

Hi Diego

I don't see the private field. The website is on staging, so you could easily try it out.

How can I send you the login credentials?

Best,
Marcial

June 29, 2018 at 12:20 pm #2445633

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Hi there,

I enabled the private now, please check.

Regards,
Diego

June 29, 2018 at 2:37 pm #2446284

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Hi there,

I registered the String by adding the XML code below to WPML > Settings > Custom XML Configuration

<wpml-config>
    <admin-texts>
        <key name="fusion_options_de">
            <key name="footer_text"/></key>
    </admin-texts>
</wpml-config>

It is now displayed in the string translator. But i did a quick test and the translation does not appear on the front-end.

Please note the "de" at the end of the textdomain. It seems that Avada stores the theme options for each language on different tables of the database. So it's not possible to translate it using String Translation.

The only way to translate is using the "change language on theme options" method. But I believe that if you leave the other fields blank, it will load the contents of the original language. So you do not have to worry about editing all the options in the translation.

This is the documentation of how to translate the Avada theme: https://wpml.org/documentation/theme-compatibility/using-wpml-with-the-avada-theme/

Please let me know if it worked for you.

Regards,
Diego

June 29, 2018 at 2:52 pm #2446341

marcialB

Hi Diego

Thanks for investigating this. I assume Avada thought it makes sense to do it this way, so you can also have different logos. In our case it's a bit annoying. But now I know that this is the way to do it.

Thanks for helping me with this.

Best,
Marcial

October 9, 2018 at 3:15 pm #2800741
Martynas.V

Hello,

just letting WPML team know that I would also be interested in translating copyright text separate from theme options. For example it is pain in the *** to make custom css changes and update it in all the languages.

New threads created by Diego Pereira and linked to this one are listed below:

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/split-avada-copyright-translation/