This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by jesusM-15 2 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Noman.

Author Posts
August 7, 2019 at 11:49 am #4354537

jesusM-15

I need to add a new language to my site and when installing the WPML the avada options are unconfigured.

August 7, 2019 at 3:02 pm #4356369

Noman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. In Avada theme you can translate theme options by switching different language using the Language Switcher in the top of the WP Admin panel. If you want to apply the same styling on all languages then after installing WPML please select ‘All Language’ options from wp admin language switcher then save theme options.

Once you've selected ‘All Languages’ option from the dropdown, the theme options for all the languages will be replaced by the default language you have set in WPML options. Once you make changes to any theme option, that change will be applied on all WPML languages.

Here is doc for more details:
hidden link

Thank you

August 8, 2019 at 7:32 am #4360371

jesusM-15

Thanks for your reply Noman. The thing is that the first time i configured the theme options was without the WPML installed. So, when i did so, the options broke. I think i solved by exporting and then importing the original options. But i dont thing this issue should happen when installing the plugin

August 8, 2019 at 4:34 pm #4364795

Noman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Could you please let me know which Avada options are resetting when you try to install WPML. To further debug this issue, I need to reproduce this in fresh WP installation.

Thank you

August 9, 2019 at 1:55 pm #4371003

jesusM-15

Thanks for your reply. I managed to solve the issue. Thank you very much.

August 9, 2019 at 1:55 pm #4371005

jesusM-15

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!