Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.4 before reporting any issue

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Martynas.V 1 year, 1 month ago.

Assigned support staff: Laura.

Author Posts
October 9, 2018 at 3:03 pm #2800672

Martynas.V

Tell us what you are trying to do?

I started to translate a website built with Avada theme. Currently I am stuck with page custom css not beeing copied to translated page. Also fusion slider is also not there.

What is the link to your site?

hidden link

October 9, 2018 at 3:53 pm #2800955

Martynas.V

Not sure if I should open another ticket but I am having trouble with fusion sliders. So I have 3 languages: LT (default), EN, RU. Fusion slider appear on LT and RU but not in EN. Quite confused where I went wrong 🙂

October 10, 2018 at 7:34 am #2803204

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+01:00)

Hi,

Avada theme requires you copy language information for each language, and it should be the same for custom css I believe.

Please see our documentation here: https://wpml.org/documentation/theme-compatibility/using-wpml-with-the-avada-theme/

You'll find there also information about translating Fusion sliders.

Let me know if this helps you or if you need further assistance.

October 10, 2018 at 8:09 am #2803301

Martynas.V

Hello Laura,

as I said I am not sure what I did wrong so Yes - I still need further assistance.

If you open private message I can give website logins.

October 10, 2018 at 3:52 pm #2805120

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Hi,

before giving me credentials could you explain to me exactly what did you do to insert your custom css and what you checked to translate it? Maybe it's not necessary for me to login into your site.

October 10, 2018 at 4:05 pm #2805161

Martynas.V

My custom page css is inserted in the page. And I am not talking about theme custom css.

After all website was done I then installed WPML and began to do translations. And custom css is not applied.

Didn't see anything about that on documentation.

As for fusion slider I translated sliders and slides. But it is not appearing in English language.

October 11, 2018 at 8:37 am #2807201

Laura
Supporter

Hi,

sorry for the misunderstanding, but from the screenshot it wasn't clear what you meant.
I'm not sure you can add custom css directly in the page, but I'll check.

The next reply will be private.

October 12, 2018 at 9:10 am #2811352

Laura
Supporter

Hi,

I checked your page and there is no way to add custom CSS directly into the Translation Editor page. The best way to add it to your translated page is as follow:

- open your Lithuanian page
- change the language from the drop-down in the black admin bar at the top of your page
- you'll get a warning pop-up. Choose "edit anyway"
- click on the button "Use Fusion Builder"
- at this point, you should have a page identical to your Lithuanian page and you can add css from there.

About the slider issue, I suggest you open a new ticket. We try to have only one issue per ticket, so it's easier for others to search the forum. This also allows supporters to be faster and more efficient.

Let me know if this custom CSS workaround works for you or if you need further assistance.

October 12, 2018 at 9:30 am #2811425

Martynas.V

No.