This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices.

Last updated by ganiK 2 years, 5 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno.

Author Posts
May 1, 2017 at 12:25 pm #1265443

stigB-2

Hi WPML,

So, I noticed that in a couple of forums you mention that Avada theme works slightly different than other themes when it comes to WPML.
First of all, it works very well – which is awesome.
I do however have one question/request: Will it be possible for WPML to not create separate options for each language. If I make changes to my site on the main language, I need to apply these as well on the other languages.

From a speed standpoint, it looks like there are multiple styling files for each language. Can I disable this, so whatever I do on my default language all others languages will copy this styling?

May 1, 2017 at 7:22 pm #1265683

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hello,

This is done so you can easily make changes in each language seperatly since when it comes down to theme options being translated it can get tricky if the theme does not provide this function.

Bellow is the link to our official documentation with Avada
=> https://wpml.org/documentation/theme-compatibility/using-wpml-with-the-avada-theme/

For what you are asking you can achieve this by going to your theme options and switching the language from the top-bar to "All Languages"

May 8, 2017 at 1:56 pm #1270818

stigB-2

Hi Bobby,

Thank you for the answer.
However, what you are describing is how to change for all languges in bulk.
My question was if I could remove the multilingual theme options all together so all languages reads the same styling – thus avoiding the creation of a lot of redundant code.

May 8, 2017 at 10:25 pm #1271286

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

Bobby is off today and I'll help you. I hope this is ok.

Unfortunately, this does not seem to be possible. This is how the Avada theme works. The Avada theme has added this feature so that each language can work in a different way, which allows the site to be more customizable.

That way you need to have the settings in each language. The "All Languages" option allows you to configure all languages at one time, but it is not possible, to have only one language and work correctly in both languages.

Please, let me know if I can help with any other questions you may have.

Thank you.

October 16, 2018 at 9:01 am #2820213

xavierD-11

Hello,

on an existing site (FR + EN) I made several changes to Avada Options theme. Unfortunatly using French language selected instead of All Languages then my English version of the Avada theme options did not update.

Then I switched to All languages selector, edited again my Avada theme options, and saved them.
Unfortunatly my english version of the Avada Theme options were not updated.

Is there a WPML setting I missed to save my All languages Avada theme options over the English version ? Or this is not possible so that I'll have to maintain always 2 versions (FR + EN) of the Avada theme options ?

Regards, Xavier

September 24, 2019 at 2:51 pm #4632537

ganiK

to solve this problem you can use export/import options at theme settings. just copy your main settings and paste it to other.