Please make sure to update to WPML to the latest and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Vincenzo 2 years, 3 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Vincenzo.

Author Posts
November 23, 2017 at 11:06 am #1439111

erikS-19

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I want to translate description of envira galleries, title and caption of images, but I want to have images in all language versions. I tried to change rule for custom taxonomy in translation management. But when I set it to translate, then it doesn't copy uploaded photos from one language to another.
I want to be able to translate description of envira gallery, then titles and captions of all images. But on the other side I want to automatically duplicate new uploaded images. My main language is Slovak. So when I upload images to envira gallery I expect to have those images also in English version. I can't achieve this with any combination of settings.

Is there any documentation that you are following?
I was trying WPML official documentation, but still struggling.

What is the link to your site?
hidden link

November 25, 2017 at 12:09 pm #1441172

Vincenzo
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+01:00)

Hello, thank you for contacting WPML Support!
I will try my best to help.

You can start by translating the images captions and descriptions as described in this documentation:
- https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/media-translation/

1. If you select "Translate" for a custom field, you need to manually add the values in the translated versions.
You can copy all the values at the beginning of a translation by first duplicating the original content and then translating in independently. Anyway, when you will modify the custom field in the original content you need to manually update the one in the translation.
You should obtain a similar behavior by selecting "Copy Once"

2. If you select "Copy", you can't change the value of the custom field in the translated content. Even if you manage to change it, it will be overwritten when the original content will be updated.

Please let me know if this solves the issue or if you need further details.

If the issue is not solved, please add more details and a step list to replicate it.

Thank you