Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.5 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Tia 3 years, 5 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Tia.

Author Posts
June 16, 2016 at 8:49 am #915035

Neil

On the backend dashboard when adding new posts the site is very very slow.

I've disabled all plugins except wpml and string translation and it is still show

I've enabled twenty fourteen theme

When wpml is inactive the site is fine

I've activated query monitor plugin and there are a huge number of queries 403 hidden link

The site is multi site

Can I get some support to trouble shoot why there are so many queries slowing down the site.

June 16, 2016 at 4:39 pm #916017

Tia

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. I am happy to help you with this.

I understand you are having site performance issues. Since performance issues can be difficult to pinpoint, let's check a few variables and settings to narrow the issue. Please answer as many of these questions as you can. Contact your hosting provider, if necessary.

Please keep WPML & all related plugins enabled while we do these steps:

1. The WP Memory Limit is set to be 1024M but the PHP limit is only 256M. Sometimes this can cause issues.

Add this to the top of wp-config.php to increase WP memory:

/** Memory Limit */
define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M');
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );

2. Can you add debug information to the thread? Instructions: https://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

3. If you haven't already, can you review the following article https://wpml.org/2012/01/can-your-site-run-faster/ to ensure all relevant steps are followed?

4. Can you confirm that the following settings are OFF or disabled:
- Adjust IDs for multilingual functionality (WPML > Languages)
- Track where strings appear (WPML > String translation)
- Auto register strings(WPML > String translation)

5. What type of hosting do you have? Shared, VPS, Dedicated, etc?

6. Do you know if object caching is part of your PHP setup? PHP < 5.5 should be APC. Newer versions should use the zend op cache, uAPC will also work though but is slower.

W3 total cache + WPML

7. Are you using a cache plugin such as W3 total cache?

8. Make sure Disk caching is disabled.

9. Try disabling the W3 total cache plugin.

Thank you for helping us pinpoint the issue. Feel free to add any other information you may have.

June 22, 2016 at 1:55 pm #924601

Neil

I've done all those things already, any chance a support engineer can login to review teh site for me, this is getting urgent

June 22, 2016 at 9:00 pm #925426

Tia

- Please add debug information to the thread: https://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

- I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take better look at the issue. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply.

Please rest assured that I will not be making any changes to the site. However, I will be checking settings and seeing if I can spot the issue.

The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

** IMPORTANT **

- Please make a backup of site files and database before providing us access.

- If you do not see the wp-admin/FTP fields this means your post & website login details will be made PUBLIC. DO NOT post your website details unless you see the required wp-admin/FTP fields. If you do not, please ask me to enable the private box. The private box looks like this:

hidden link

The topic ‘[Closed] Backend Very Slow Dashboard Very Slow When Adding New Posts’ is closed to new replies.