This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shekhar Bhandari 5 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Shekhar Bhandari.

Author Posts
May 6, 2019 at 11:39 am #3747953

Melanie Grote

Ok, I´m really unhappy, because we are only one week before the first fair starts and in one month the second, so it is the time with most traffic on this page and also a lot of changes in the content daily. And the normal updraft backup is not working anymore, no backup of the database in the moment. And it is so important. I got the message: The backup is being aborted for a repeated failure to progress: "Die Tabelle Km_982_icl_string_pages hat sehr viele Zeilen (2605037)". Then I searched the internet and found out it has something to do with WPML and in your forum I founfd this from an supporter:

Hello there,

Welcome to WPML support forum.

While waiting that one of my teammates takes care of your case, you can try to reset the wp_icl_string_pages. This table is just a cache table.
- Go to WPML -> Support -> Troubleshooting page
- Press the "Recreate ST DB cache tables" button

While another supporter takes personal charge of your situation, can you please confirm that you are using the latest versions of WPML and its active add-ons (if using any)?
You can check the latest released versions under “My Account -> Downloads” on this site.
- https://wpml.org/account/downloads/
If you need to update, instructions to update can be found here:
- https://wpml.org/faq/install-wpml/#automated-updates

❌ Before proceeding please make a full website backup! ❌

Can you please paste your WPML Debug information in the Debug information field?
- http://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

Let us know if it helps.

But in my situation a backup is not possible anymore, because of this big table and the page has to be online and working!!! in the moment all the time. So I can´t press the "Recreate ST DB cache tables" button.

What can i do now, I have not the possiblity for a risc, but I need again an update every night.
Can you please help me.

May 6, 2019 at 11:49 am #3748013

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kathmandu (GMT+05:45)

Hello there,

Thanks for getting in touch, I can definitely help you out with this.

It seems like you are trying to backup your site using some plugins, isn't it? Most of the hosting service provider now includes a way to create a backup these days which can handle this types of backup scenario, could you please contact your hosting provider and see if you have similar options?

Also, just creating a backup of your database will also help, so see if it's possible to create a backup of the database and use the steps as mentioned.

Let me know how that goes!

Thanks

May 6, 2019 at 11:55 am #3748027

Melanie Grote

That is my problem. I ´m using updraft all the time and it works fine, first yesterday I got this problem with the WPML Table and the automatic backup i not working anymore. So I can not make an update of my database anymore, because of the table: _icl_string_pages.

May 6, 2019 at 1:18 pm #3748905

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello there,

Thank you for the info.

Did you try using hosting services backup? Is it available for you?

Look forward to your reply.

Thanks

May 7, 2019 at 5:20 am #3753929

Melanie Grote

No, hosting backup possible, also no contact to the hoster. I´m really a little bit angry, that this happens now, where there may be no page failure. The site is most important right now and in continuous use. Several authors are working on it.

Suddenly, the database backup stops working, as it has worked for years. And it's a table that WPML is using. What is that table? What is WPML saving (doing) that makes it so huge? That was not before? What happens there.

What happens when the table is broken when I try to press the "Recreate ST DB cache tables" button, is all my page gone (white screen) or is wpml not working anymore? I need a save solution to fix this mistake from WPML, not try and error. And I need it now!

Is there another way to fix this WPML error: Overfill the table "_icl_string_pages". What was different before? I want it to be the same again.

It is not really funny and at least I have not the time in the moment for such crazy stuff. It can not be that WPML mills this table. There must be a safe and fast solution for that, or?

Greetings Melanie

May 7, 2019 at 8:54 am #3755591

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello there,

I discussed this issue with the 2nd tier supporters and they mentioned it's safe to proceed to "Recreate ST DB cache tables" without creating the backup.

The icl_strings_pages table is just a cache table. The "Recreate ST DB cache tables" operations will recreate the table, which will fix the issue.

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks

May 8, 2019 at 7:50 am #3764361

Melanie Grote

Thank you, Shekhar,
I tried to press the button and i
t works again for the moment. 🙂
I wish you a nice day.

Greetings Melanie

May 8, 2019 at 10:25 am #3765543

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello there,

Glad to know it worked.

Please let me know if I can help any further!

Thanks.