Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
I am trying to translate the WooCommerce BACS strings but it is not working.

Solution:
. You can go to WPML > String Translation and scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the link "Translate texts in admin screens »". Then, scroll through that page and look for the woocommerce_bacs_settings. For your site, I wasn't able to add them directly from the admin texts screen so I went to WPML -> Settings -> Custom XML Configuration and added the following:

<wpml-config>
    <admin-texts>
        <key name="woocommerce_bacs_settings">
            <key name="title"/>
            <key name="description" />
            <key name="instructions" /></key>
    </admin-texts>
</wpml-config>

Then the strings appeared in the String Translation table as English strings. So I checked the three boxes and clicked "Change language of selected strings" and set them to Portuguese. Now you can add the English translations.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Lauren 2 years, 1 month ago.

Assigned support staff: Lauren.

Author Posts
July 30, 2018 at 5:57 pm

Daniel Romangoli

I am trying to translate BACS. The problem is that when I try to change the translation and set it to portugues, it keeps assigning it to english.

When I click the link next to the field (translation) the String Translator page opens but it says no string is found.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

If I change to english or spanish the payment gateway is the only thing that isn't translating.

We are using Google Cloud, so FTP access would have to be through SFTP

July 31, 2018 at 9:31 pm #2599919

Lauren
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Thank you for contacting WPML support. I'll be happy to help you with this.

I found these strings for you in the admin texts. You can go to WPML > String Translation and scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the link "Translate texts in admin screens »". Then, scroll through that page and look for the woocommerce_bacs_settings. For your site, I wasn't able to add them directly from the admin texts screen so I went to WPML -> Settings -> Custom XML Configuration and added the following:

<wpml-config>
    <admin-texts>
        <key name="woocommerce_bacs_settings">
            <key name="title"/>
            <key name="description" />
            <key name="instructions" /></key>
    </admin-texts>
</wpml-config>

Then the strings appeared in the String Translation table as English strings. So I checked the three boxes and clicked "Change language of selected strings" and set them to Portuguese. Now you can add the English translations.

Please let me know if you need any further assistance and I will be happy to help.