This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Carlos Rojas 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Carlos Rojas.

Author Posts
September 8, 2019 at 7:04 pm #4532411

andzelinaJ

I would like to translate the main banner images (the slider and Promo area images) and top header (FREE: Delivery...), but struggling to do that. I'm using StoreVilla Pro theme. Could you please advise on how do to that?

September 9, 2019 at 12:56 pm #4537249

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: America/Montevideo (GMT-03:00)

Hello,
Thank you for contacting WPML support.

1.- I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take better look at the issue. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Our Debugging Procedures

I will be checking various settings in the backend to see if the issue can be resolved. Although I won't be making changes that affect the live site, it is still good practice to backup the site before providing us access. In the event that we do need to debug the site further, I will duplicate the site and work in a separate, local development environment to avoid affecting the live site.

2.- Please increase the PHP Memory Limit. Minimum requirements are 128Mb: https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/
You can add this to wp-config.php to increase WP memory:

/** Memory Limit */
define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '128M');
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '128M' );

- Add it above the line /* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

Kind regards,
Carlos

September 10, 2019 at 3:11 pm #4546685

andzelinaJ

Hi, could you guide me through this? Thanks

September 10, 2019 at 3:51 pm #4547045

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi,
Yes, for sure.

1.- But before I can guide you to the solution I need to check the site in order to gather more information. I have set your next answer private again and I kindly ask you to provide the credentials to access the backend of the site.

2.- Please increase the PHP Memory Limit. Minimum requirements are 128Mb: https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/
You can add this to wp-config.php to increase WP memory:

/** Memory Limit */
define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '128M');
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '128M' );

- Add it above the line /* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

Regards,
Carlos

September 16, 2019 at 10:39 am #4579111

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi there,

I went to WPML -> Settings -> Custom XML Configuration -> Added the following code:

<wpml-config>
    <admin-texts>
        <key name="theme_mods_storevilla-pro">
            <key name="*" /></key>
    </admin-texts>
</wpml-config>

Now you can go to WPML -> String Translation -> Search and translate the strings highlighted in the screenshot of your first message.

Could you confirm that the issue is solved?

Regards,
Carlos

September 19, 2019 at 2:01 pm #4605791

andzelinaJ

Hi,

Thank you. This issue seems to be solved. However, when I'm translating our blog posts, text is fine, but images do not get copied into the translated version. How can I fix this?

September 20, 2019 at 10:01 am #4611199

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi,

In this case you need to select the options: "Duplicate uploaded media to translations" and "Duplicate featured image to translations" that appear under the Languages block in the right column of the post edit screen. Right below the translation status.

Regards,
Carlos

September 25, 2019 at 2:00 pm #4639601

andzelinaJ

Hi,

Thank you that helped.

Could I please also ask about the option to hide share icons in pages? In the original pages, they are hidden. However, they become visible in the translated pages (facebooke, instagram share options, etc). How can I remove them?

Thank you

September 25, 2019 at 2:05 pm #4639661

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi there,

I think this option is a custom field that you need to set to "Copy". Please visit this link where you will find the steps to follow in order to translate custom fields: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-custom-fields/

Regards,
Carlos