This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: The base url path for product attribute text field is empty and it says "/attribute-name/attribute/" on the right of the empty field. Should I change this? If I just change the flag from its current english to Swedish (native for website) it goes back to english flag again.

Solution: You don't have to change the value of the product attribute if you don't want to.

The default product attribute base will optionally use a custom base before /attribute-name/attribute/. An example without anything set would be website.com/color/blue.

If you set a custom base, an example would be website.com/attribute/size/medium where attribute is designated for the base.

The language switcher under the field can be set only if you set a value for the field. This is the reason why it's coming back to English when you save the changes.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by staffanW 1 month ago.

Assigned support staff: Radu.

Author Posts
September 12, 2019 at 2:55 pm #4562121

staffanW

Hi, I have some flags I can change to my standard site language at /wp-admin/options-permalink.php

The base url path for product attribute text field is empty and it says "/attribute-name/attribute/" on the right of the empty field.
Should I change this? If I just change the flag from its current english to swedish (native for website) it goes back to english flag again.

September 13, 2019 at 8:53 am #4566721

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hey Steffan,

You don't have to change the value of the product attribute if you don't want to.

The default product attribute base will optionally use a custom base before /attribute-name/attribute/. An example without anything set would be website.com/color/blue.

If you set a custom base, an example would be website.com/attribute/size/medium where attribute is designated for the base.

The language switcher under the field can be set only if you set a value for the field. This is the reason why it's coming back to English when you save the changes.

Thanks,
Radu

September 13, 2019 at 9:13 am #4566843

staffanW

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!