Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 24 replies, has 4 voices.

Last updated by adriO 5 years, 11 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Amit.

Author Posts
March 20, 2015 at 6:11 am #582618

Amit
Supporter

Adri, hi good morning,

I have tested and reported the issues to our development team. I have added your details to the developer's ticket, so we will notify you when there are fixes. Themes and plugins compatibility is taken very seriously here, you probably know we have a list with hundreds of them tested and fixed (http://wpml.org/documentation/theme-compatibility/ - http://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/).

I will close now the ticket, and as I said after we have a fix from our developers you'll be notified.

Regards!

March 20, 2015 at 8:31 am #582705

ioannisk-5

Sorry guys, but I have an important discovery to share with you.

I had the Jarida theme and I had those problems mentioned.

I got the new Sahifa theme from the same company and everything works very neatly and perfect.

It seems that this old plugin still does the work for having a multilingual forum...

I suggest everyone who have problems to try another theme as well...

Now I am happy...

April 13, 2015 at 7:28 am #598035

Amit
Supporter

We will test throughly with the next major WPML version - WPML3.2. As far as I know most issues should be resolved but until we test I can not guarantee that.

June 3, 2015 at 9:10 am #631165

Amit
Supporter

Hi,

I have an update here:

- Good news - WPML3.2 is almost ready - it has been a long development.
- After this major update we can start development work on bbPress

Thanks!

June 15, 2015 at 4:07 am #637977

adriO

Hi Amit,

Thank you for the update. I am still waiting for the update to be launched. Almost to weeks passed since your last post. I'm still struggling here and seeing the progress I don't have much faith in a good solution. It seems to me that WPML is trying to keep me quiet.......

After all this time I still don't have a working solution. I got still two different forums for two languages, i still don't see the forums in the back-end of the site so there is no moderation possible. Shame on WPML for letting paying customers down.

February 2, 2016 at 11:28 am #802318

adriO

In a couple of days this issue is alive for a year. After promises from Amit for giving it priority after the release of WPML 3.2 nothing is happening. At this moment WPML has moved on to 3.3.6 and no updates about the issue at hand. Why not?

What is the status and what are you doing about it. Don't come with the story that it is handled by the Compatibility team because I lost my faith in that remark. I want a solution.

Regards,

Adri

February 2, 2016 at 12:22 pm #802389

Amit
Supporter

Hi Adri,

I am sorry. We did not make any progress with bbPress compatibility work, and as things look at this moment we will not start soon either. We are using bbPress on some of this domain functionality, but WPML & bbPress are not fully compatible at the moment.

I apologize again for disappointing you, I had bbPress compatibility work in mind for after we release WPML 3.2 but we just have other priorities at the moment.

Regards,
Amit

February 2, 2016 at 2:23 pm #802599

adriO

What a crap result after a whole year of waiting and discussion. I'm mad about this outcome. You made promises, you keep me on a rope and now you dare to disappoint me? I don't feel the urge to be polite right now. So I stop this reply, but I will not recommend WPML to anyone further. You are glad to have Tia on board. In my opinion she is the only one who's taking questions and issues seriously.
Shit..... what an organisation...... make money out of customers and when they come with serious requests you let them down. Shame on you!!!!!!

February 11, 2016 at 3:10 pm #810577

Amit
Supporter

Hi Adri,

I am sorry you were disappointed, we are doing our best to achieve compatibility with all major themes and plugins, nevertheless I can not at this moment promise a date, I know it must be frustrating as bbPress is very close to being compatible, though it needs some work.

I have been following up on the great work Otto did in the other ticket you have opened.

Please follow our blog announcements, I really hope we'll be able to announce work complete on this.

Regards,
Amit

February 11, 2016 at 5:50 pm #810806

adriO

Hi Amit,
Thank you for your reply. As you mentioned Otto and I made huge progress on the usability of the bbPress plugin in a multi-lingual WPML environment. Tia is working (and she is doing great) to iron out the last pain-in-the (fill it in yourself) issue of the bbPress breadcumbs.

I'm hopeful that this issue is sorted out shortly.

I truly hope and a lot of other users with me that the solution to make bbPress and WPML really compatible gets a high priority. The market is screaming for it and I'm sure it will boost your business.

Best Regards,

Adri