Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.4 before reporting any issue

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 19 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Pierre 3 years, 9 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Pierre.

Author Posts
September 20, 2015 at 3:58 pm #708221

Daniele

Hello,

When BuddyPress Multilingual Support plugin is active the pagination of my Buddypress group forums doesnt work, it keep opening the first page also for the other pages of the forum.
ex. groups/test/forum/page/2/ it shows the same result of groups/test/forum/page/1/

Thank You

September 21, 2015 at 12:21 pm #708636

Mladen Andrejic

Hello,

1. You can update WPML and other AddOn Plugins to the latest versions if you don't have any current jobs with ICanLocalize. You can download latest versions from here https://wpml.org/account/downloads/

Then you should deactivate and delete all WPML plugins from your website, and follow the instructions here (Section : Updating WPML Manually) https://wpml.org/faq/install-wpml/

// NOTE : Please make a complete backup of your website, before updating. The update should go without problems, but in case something goes wrong it is good to have a backup.

2. If the problem still persist, please check it when

- All non WPML Plugins are disabled
- Theme is set to default Twenty Fourteen

3. Activate WordPress debug.log and see if there are any errors displayed? Here are the instructions for activating it : https://wpml.org/documentation/support/debugging-wpml/

4. You can also check the Chrome built-in JavaScript Console for errors. To open the console go to Menu (Three Bars) > Tools > JavaScript Console

Please paste here any errors that you see in the WordPress debug.log or in JS Console.

Thanks.

September 21, 2015 at 3:55 pm #708947

Daniele

Hello,

I've created a fresh wp install with only buddypress, bbpress and wpml plugins (updated).

You can get the url of the website in the image below.

I don't think you need my Debug information since all the settings are default but in case you need let me know where can I send it.

I confirm that if I disable BuddyPress Multilingual Plugin the pagination it works.

Thank You

September 22, 2015 at 8:47 am #709342

Mladen Andrejic

Hello,

Okay so you say there is the compatibility issue between WPML and BuddyPress Multilingual?

In order to be of a better help, I will need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site.

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply like this hidden link .
The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

// NOTE : Make sure that you have performed the backup before you let me access the site.

Thanks.

September 22, 2015 at 2:29 pm #709755

Mladen Andrejic

Hello,

I reported this issue to our 2nd tier support team. They will inspect it and inform you when there are new informations.

Can you please just add the debug informations to this topic as this might be helpful?

Thanks.

September 22, 2015 at 2:33 pm #709760

Daniele

Thank you, debug info here.

September 28, 2015 at 12:32 pm #713498

Pierre
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hello Daniele, I am Pierre from 2nd tier support.

For the moment, BBPress is not supported by WPML. As a consequence, we can't provide any assistance about this plugin.

I hope you will find a smart solution to fix your problem.

Regards,
Pierre

September 28, 2015 at 2:02 pm #713604

Daniele

Hello,

I know its not supported but here the problem is that BuddyPress Multilingual broke the pagination of other plugins and you should fix it, or my license will be unusable.

Please let me know, Thank You

September 28, 2015 at 2:15 pm #713615

Pierre
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Hello Daniele,

Thank you for your feedback, I didn't understand the issue correctly. I will investigate on this issue and I will keep you posted.

Regards,
Pierre

September 28, 2015 at 4:55 pm #713772

Pierre
Supporter

Daniele,

I managed to locate the issue, but I need some feedback from our dev team to make sure of the scope of the problem.

As a workaround, can you try to add this snippet to your theme's "functions.php file:

/**
 * WPML Support for https://wpml.org/forums/topic/bbpress-pagination-problem/
 */
function wpmlsupp_2081_bpml_use_verbose_rules() {
	remove_action( 'init', 'bpml_use_verbose_rules' );
}
add_action( 'after_setup_theme', 'wpmlsupp_2081_bpml_use_verbose_rules', 20 );

Let me know if it solves your issue and if it does not introduce other issues in BuddyPress Multilingual.

Regards,
Pierre

September 28, 2015 at 6:31 pm #713840

Daniele

I confirm that the "workaround" works on 2015 theme, Thank You.
when it will be added to next BuddyPress Multilingual update?

September 28, 2015 at 6:42 pm #713853

Pierre
Supporter

Daniele,

I can't tell yet if this fix will be added. I have just removed a filter from BuddyPress Multilingual but I need a clear feedback about the scope of this from our dev team.

I will keep you posted as soon as possible.

Regards,
Pierre

September 29, 2015 at 12:34 pm #714426

Pierre
Supporter

Hello Daniele,

I just had a feedback from our dev team concerning this issue. The problem has been escalated and it should be fixed in next version of BuddyPress Multilingual.

Regards,
Pierre

September 29, 2015 at 2:01 pm #714525

Daniele

Hello Pierre,

When it will be available? I will keep the workaround on my function.php for now

Thank you

September 29, 2015 at 2:11 pm #714538

Pierre
Supporter

Daniele,

I don't know when will be the next release the next version (it may be lasting a while because BPML release are not frequent). But you can safely keep the workaround in your theme's functions.php.

Regards,
Pierre