This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by palT 1 day, 3 hours ago.

Assigned support staff: Carlos Rojas.

Author Posts
May 27, 2020 at 1:32 pm #6229613

palT

Tell us what you are trying to do?
The connection to the website creator was lost and I don't think the wpml plugin set it up well, so I would like to ask for verification...

Is there any documentation that you are following?
only wpml youtube videos...

Is there a similar example that we can see?
The url format has been changed several times.
During an SEO check, we saw that a previously set url also remained available and this causes duplication.
For example, there is no need to display (? Lang = en), (? Lang = de), and / hu / pages.
I don't know where to delete these - they don't delete automatically.
Additional bugs according to the software:
- page without hreplang elements 787 piece , but we don't even have that many pages...
- missing "X-Default" values 70 piece
- non-canonical pages with hreflang elements 10 piece
- missing return links 58 piece
There were many 404 html error code pages and many 301 redirects. This may not have been done by wpml, but it can be.
i put the seo powersuit tables in the google drive folder

hidden link

What is the link to your site?

This is miltisite : hidden link

hidden link

----------------------------------------------

May 29, 2020 at 4:00 pm #6251249

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hello,
Thank you for contacting WPML support.

I will do my best to help you solve all the issues but in order to follow our forum policies, each ticket must contain only one issue, this will allow future users to find solutions to similar problems while searching on the forum. This will also help you get a better support service.

1.- Please describe step-by-step how to see/reproduce the first issue mentioned. The one related to the URLs and the language variables.

2.- I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take a better look at the issue. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Our Debugging Procedures

I will be checking various settings in the backend to see if the issue can be resolved. Although I won't be making changes that affect the live site, it is still good practice to back-up the site before providing us access. In the event that we do need to debug the site further, I will duplicate the site and work in a separate, local development environment to avoid affecting the live site.

3.- Please provide the debug information of the site. In this link, you will find the steps to follow: https://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

Kind regards,
Carlos

June 1, 2020 at 11:04 am #6264733

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi,
Thank you for the information provided.

Please let's divide the ticket to deal with each issue separately. This way we will be following our forum's rule of having one issue per ticket, also you will get a better support experience.

1.- Regarding the language URL. I can see that the URLs with the lang parameter display a page titled: "Gyulladáscsökkentő étrend, ételek, főzés és táplálkozás" which is not the homepage, so there is no duplication of content there. In this case, what's happening is that WordPress is trying to resolve that URL and returns a post/page the suits the URL, but this behavior is not related to WPML. If you deactivate WPML the result might be the same or even change the post/page.

2.- Regarding the errors with hreflangs: Please provide some specific URLs where the issue can be seeing.

3.- Please visit this link where you will find a ticket related to x-default element and the steps to follow in order to add it: https://wpml.org/forums/topic/hreflang-x-default/

4.- In this link you will find an explanation of the canonical links and their relationship with WPML: https://wpml.org/forums/topic/non-canonical-paginated-urls-have-the-hreflangs-instructions/#post-6201101

5.- Regarding your question on how to add a page to a menu (hidden link), I recommend you use the default method, but if the issue persists you might want to try using a custom link when adding the item to the menu. If the issue persists I will open a new ticket and we will continue from there as this issue is not related to the above ones.

Regards,
Carlos

June 1, 2020 at 5:34 pm #6267743

palT

1. URL problem:

Here is duplicate pages :

hidden link
hidden link
hidden link
hidden link
hidden link

hidden link

hidden link
hidden link
hidden link
hidden link

hidden link

hidden link
hidden link
hidden link
hidden link

hidden link

hidden link
hidden link
hidden link
hidden link

hidden link
hidden link
hidden link

hidden link

hidden link
hidden link
hidden link
hidden link

hidden link

hidden link
hidden link
hidden link
hidden link

hidden link

hidden link
hidden link
hidden link
hidden link

and we have 9 post
with the same url problem

How to turn off these ulr versions simply?
?lang=en
?lang=de

June 2, 2020 at 12:26 pm #6273951

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi,

It seems there is a misunderstanding, the URLs provided are not duplicated. If you add a 'lang' parameter to any site (not only sites with WPML) it will return a page depending on the configuration of the site, and if the lang parameter (as the case in your site) is not set up to be read then it will be ignored.

You can add the 'lang' variable to google.com or any WordPress site that doesn't have WPML installed and you will get a response because (as mentioned above) the parameter will e ignored.

Best regards,
Carlos

June 5, 2020 at 6:25 pm #6307923

palT

The problem occurred on a multisite website. One main domain and 3 sub domains.
Problem was :
- page without hreplang elements 787 piece ,
There were many 404 html error code pages and many 301 redirects

Solution:
I deleted the 3 subdomain websites and these values have almost completely improved. Multisite and wpml may not like each other

June 5, 2020 at 6:42 pm #6308059

palT

Failed to resolve:
Non-canonical pages with hreflang elements - 9 piec
Carlos recommended url for me not a solution.
I used the (? Lang = de) url type and misconfigured some canonical urls. I changed the url type to / de.
Carlos recommended url for me not a solution.
I used the (? Lang = de) url type and misconfigured some canonical urls. I changed the url type to / de.
The 9 url with canonical error are all like that.
I tried to fix it by changing the url type again and fixed the canoncical url in the rank math plugin, but it didn't work....
i also deleted the rank math temporary database but it didn't help either.
Any other ideas?

June 5, 2020 at 6:45 pm #6308061

palT

failed to resolve:
missing return links 44 piece
I got no answer or idea for this question

June 5, 2020 at 6:51 pm #6308073

palT

Problem solved:
missing x-defeult value
Carlos sent a forum link with a solution. After that, the problem was perfectly solved.

Another question I managed to understand is that it is not really a problem:
URL Type / de - /? Lang = but not duplication - but must be set to a good lang tag

Thanks for the help

June 8, 2020 at 7:05 am #6317887

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi there,

I'm glad to hear that the issue is solved 🙂

Please don't hesitate to contact us if you need our help in the future with WPML. We will be more than happy to help.
Best regards,
Carlos

July 13, 2020 at 6:40 pm #6586461

palT

Hello!
WPML String Translation gave a fatal error while updating.
Unable to enable plug-in - What can be done? Can you help?

Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required '/data/domains/balance-life.club/web/webroot/wp-content/plugins/wpml-string-translation/classes/class-wpml-st-initialize.php' (include_path='.:/usr/php-7.3/lib/php:/usr/php-7.3/lib/zend2/library') in /data/domains/balance-life.club/web/webroot/wp-content/plugins/wpml-string-translation/plugin.php on line 25