This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Lauren 2 years ago.

Assigned support staff: Lauren.

Author Posts
August 8, 2017 at 1:55 pm #1337588

Neil

Before in the theme option (Highend Theme):

We can setup a DEFAULT post sidebar per language example:
English: "Sidebar 1"
Dutch: "Sidebar 2"

but when we change different language the sidebar are still the same.

August 8, 2017 at 8:06 pm #1337897

Lauren
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Thank you for contacting WPML support. I'll be happy to help you with this.

Just to make sure I understand correctly, your theme has an option that allows you to set different sidebars for different languages? Please share with me the URL of a page that has been translated so I can see this on the front end of your site.

Also, have you translated the widgets that are in each sidebar? Widgets can be translated by going to WPML -> String translation and filtering by the Widgets text domain.

If everything is translated, I'd like to have you try a few things so we can try to isolate the issue. This is just to help me identify if it might be a conflict with another plugin or theme that is causing the problem.

** IMPORTANT ** Please backup a working copy of site files and database before continuing.

Update all WPML plugins & WordPress core.

Disable all plugins except WPML related. With these settings, is the issue resolved?

The topic ‘[Closed] Before, we can select default Post Sidebar per language. but that option is gone’ is closed to new replies.