This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Radu 3 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Radu.

Author Posts
June 18, 2019 at 8:24 am #4041265

jackT

I'm maintaining a site that has Swedish as its default language. The company itself is also Swedish. But I don't speak Swedish so I want to start adding new pages in English first, then add translations in four other languages, including Swedish.

Normally I always begin with adding new pages and posts in the default language, then translate. Does the order matter? Is it important to start with pages in the default language or can I start with whatever language I want?

June 18, 2019 at 11:49 am #4043575

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hey Jack,

I think you can create a page in English and once you publish it, just simply create the translation for the Swedish language. You can give this a try and tell me how it works.

Thanks,
Radu

July 1, 2019 at 10:40 am #4117861

jackT

Hi Radu,

This is not working. When I first add English, then click on the transate button to get the English and Swedish text blocks side by side, I can add the Swedish translations and save them, but there is not Swedish version of the post created.

When in the English version I click in the admin bar on Swedish, the post appears to be empty, and when I look in Pages, there is not translated page.

July 3, 2019 at 5:16 am #4131811

Radu
Supporter

Hey Jack,

I tried to do this before sending you the previous message and everything worked fine. Is there any chance that you could give me access to the dashboard area of your website so I can have a look at this page, please? Please let me know which is the one that you created first in English so I can check it out.

Thanks,
Radu

July 4, 2019 at 6:40 am #4140491

Radu
Supporter

Hey Jack,

Can you check the translation again, please? Everything should work fine now. I just edited the translation and checked the Translation is complete box for all the fields (it was missing for two text fields) until the progress at the bottom of the page got to 100%. Once I saved the changes, everything went back to normal.

Thanks,
Radu

July 4, 2019 at 7:21 am #4140671

jackT

HI Radu, thanks. That is weird, because I did check those two empty fields, but that would not let me save that post... I will try again with a new post. Thanks.

July 4, 2019 at 7:35 am #4140787

Radu
Supporter

Hey Jack,

Please try to do this with a new post and tell me how things work this time. I'm sure that everything will work fine 🙂

Thanks,
Radu

The topic ‘[Closed] Begin with adding new pages in language other than default language’ is closed to new replies.