This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 6.28 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Riffaz 3 months, 4 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Riffaz.

Author Posts
June 22, 2019 at 11:12 pm #4071793

denysL

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I would like to know what is the best moment to start the translation of my pages ? do i need to finish all my changes on the original language to start to work with the translations? or if I start to work my page with the original language and I start the translations at the same time, all the changes on my original page will be reflected on my translated page too ? What happens if I need to edit my original layout, content, how this will be reflected on my translated page ?

Is there any documentation that you are following?
I am looking but I don't find nothing until now
Is there a similar example that we can see?

What is the link to your site?

June 23, 2019 at 4:46 am #4072571

Riffaz
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Colombo (GMT+05:30)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML support.

It depends.

do i need to finish all my changes on the original language to start to work with the translations?
- I prefer this.
- so I can get a full site first in my primary language.
- Later I can so only translation. no coding, no designing, no layout settings., etc..

if I start to work my page with the original language and I start the translations at the same time, all the changes on my original page will be reflected on my translated page too ?
- some users prefer this.
- so they can check a page/content in both language same time.

What happens if I need to edit my original layout, content, how this will be reflected on my translated page ?
- for contents you can simply sync
- sometimes you have to update manually if the layout is changed.
- that's why it's always better first create the site in one language completely then do the translations.

Hopefully, this will help you.

If you need anything else regarding this let me know.

Regards,
Riffaz.