This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Itamar 2 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Itamar.

Author Posts
August 7, 2019 at 11:42 am #4354477

kevinA-5

Hi, we have an enquiry from a potential client. Can you have a look at their needs and let me know what the best approach would be so I can advise them.

Thanks in advance.

This is their message>

We want to go multilingual for our site that currently is only in Swedish. We have all the products translated and we need help with determining how to approach and develop this in the best way. We want to sell products in English, Swedish, Danish, Norwegian, Finnish and a few more languages. Swedish is the default language for now.

We want to use the same back-end and one place for all the orders and we want a clear way of filtering the products for each country. Basically we have unique SKU for each language.

We need help determine which configuration is best (one language per domain, one language per folder?)

We are using storfront theme for now.
We have WPML-all import

We are located in Sweden.

August 7, 2019 at 4:25 pm #4356755

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hi.

You client asks: "We need help determine which configuration is best (one language per domain, one language per folder?)"
From WPML's aspect, it does not matter whether they chose one language per domain, one language per folder. If I understand correctly, then they want to filter the products in the back-end. If so then the backend, WordPress's admin area, will always be in the domain of the default language of the site.

Two notes about Language URL format.
A. For the Domain per language option, some server-side configurations are needed. For non-pro persons, it might be complicated. The relevant documentation can be found here.
https://wpml.org/2016/04/use-wpml-different-domains-per-language/
B. The Language per folder is SEO friendlier as far as I know.

Best Regards,
Itamar.

The topic ‘[Closed] Best practice for WPML site’ is closed to new replies.