This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on this forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: Best sellers showing different products on 2 different language

Solution: The Best selling products is calculated according to the languages, so it's not possible to get the same results in all languages as sales can be different in languages.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by essamH 1 month, 4 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Shekhar Bhandari.

Author Posts
August 17, 2019 at 2:59 pm #4410213

essamH

I am trying to:
Create best selling items page on my website

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link
hidden link

I expected to see:
Same products not different products

Instead, I got:
Different product on each page

August 19, 2019 at 9:28 am #4414867

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kathmandu (GMT+05:45)

Hello there,

Welcome to WPML support. I'd be assisting you further on this issue.

Do you think there is a possibility of different bestsellers based on languages? or both are exactly same? Isn't best sellers defined based on sales?

Which shortcode are you using there?

Look forward to your reply.

Thanks

August 20, 2019 at 11:32 am #4423157

essamH

Do you mean that the best selling products appear according to sales occurred on a specific language ?

If this the case is this normal ? to show best sellers according to the website language, what if i need to set the same best selling products on both languages?

This is the short code used to show the best selling products
[vc_row][vc_column][porto_best_selling_products per_page="12"][/vc_column][/vc_row]

I have another issue it is a dead lock issue should i post it here or open a new ticket?

August 21, 2019 at 3:35 am #4427809

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kathmandu (GMT+05:45)

Hello there,

Please open a new thread for your new issues.

Yes, I think it's showing best selling products according to the languages, can you check this once at the backend?

Further, can you provide me login details so I can see the settings once? I would need to check your site settings once, for this I would need temporary access (wp-admin and ftp) to your site.

So could you please provide me those details, you will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply.
hidden link

This info is private and available to you and WPML supporters only.
Read more about this: https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

Note:
Backup your sites before providing the credentials or if possible provide credentials for the test site

Look forward to your reply.

Thanks

August 22, 2019 at 4:49 pm #4441659

essamH

Hi Dear
Thanks for your support, now i understand what is happening, it is calculating the best sellers like you said on separately on the different languages. which is pretty much logic for me. I like it and i have no problem with it, because the segment who visit my first language are totally different from the 2nd language

Thanks i will close this thread