Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.5 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by andreaC-50 1 year, 10 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Francesco Di Candia.

Author Posts
January 22, 2018 at 6:57 pm #1492645

andreaC-50

From the SEO point of view, which is the best way to write permalinks for languages with non Latins characters?

Should I use the characters of the language or use the Latin (english) characters anyway?

Imagine I have a page hidden link, how is better to write the permalink in Greek or Russian?
a) hidden link and hidden link ?
b) hidden link and hidden link ?
c) hidden link and hidden link?
d) ?

Any suggestions is appreciated.
Thank you
Andrea

January 23, 2018 at 4:20 pm #1494191

Francesco Di Candia

Hi Andrea,
Google will understand them all, but there may be browsers which will have problems with non-latins chars.
Also, keep in mind too that the neutral standard language for Google is English, so with English there will be no problems at all, but with the others, it can be better for the local search and worse for the international search.
So, if you want to focus on local, it may be ok with the non-latins chars.
I look forward to hearing from you, Francesco

February 5, 2018 at 1:12 pm #1507139

andreaC-50

Thank you for your opinion Francesco
I close the ticket