This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Laura 1 year ago.

Assigned support staff: Laura.

Author Posts
October 12, 2018 at 6:28 pm #2812895

andresU

I Made this site 8 months ago, i did it without any problem using wpml elementor and betheme
but now my client needs to update the site and elementor editor doesnt load on the translated pages (NL lenguage)

i need to know which are the settings needed for wpml to let me use elementor builder. im not intrested in any other option for translating the site.

October 15, 2018 at 12:00 pm #2817257

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

could you tell me if your site uses untranslated global widgets for Elementor? If this is the case, that's a known issue that will be fixed in the next WPML version.

If this is not your case, I'd suggest as the first thing to increase the WP Memory Limit. PHP memory limit is fine but WordPress uses 40Mb as default. Minimum requirements for WPML are 128Mb.
Add this near the top of wp-config.php file (after the php opening tag) to increase WP memory:

/** WP Memory Limit */
define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );

The wp-config.php file is located in your WordPress root directory. It's the same file where the database configuration settings are. You will have to access it by FTP or SFTP in order to edit it.
You can check the current WP Memory Limit value from WPML -> Support in the Info section
More info here:
https://codex.wordpress.org/Editing_wp-config.php#Increasing_memory_allocated_to_PHP
https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/

If this doesn't work, I'd ask you to do a compatibility test:
- backup your site
- disable all plugin except Elementor, WPML and its addons
- switch to a default theme like TwentySeventeen
- check if the issue is happening again
- if it's not, reactivate your plugins one by one, checking every time if the issue shows up again
- lastly, reactivate your theme

Let me know the results of this test.

The topic ‘[Closed] Betheme – Elementor – Wpml not working’ is closed to new replies.