This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:BeTheme / Muffin Builder content not showing in translator

Solution:The issue was caused by mfn-page-items being set to "don't translate"

Within BeTheme->Theme Options->Advanced Options->Builder|Data Store needs to be set to "serialized readable format required by some plugins"

after changing this field back to the expected value it should work well

Relevant Documentation:

Tagged: 

This topic contains 11 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by michaelD-73 3 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Bobby.

Author Posts
July 2, 2019 at 7:51 pm #4129877

michaelD-73

I am trying to: Translate pages from English to Spanish. The theme is BeTheme and I already tried the steps here: https://wpml.org/documentation/theme-compatibility/create-multilingual-wordpress-websites-using-betheme-and-wpml/#translating-muffin-builder-pages

When I go to translate the page, none of the muffin builder content is visible. See screenshots.

July 2, 2019 at 9:01 pm #4130039

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hello,

on your default language within the edit page please scroll down and share a screenshot of your system fields by the Multilingual Content Setup area

there is a chance on of them is set to "not translate"

July 2, 2019 at 9:32 pm #4130089

michaelD-73

Attached. They are all set to translate, but I don't even see a place for the Muffin Builder fields.

July 2, 2019 at 11:04 pm #4130325

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

The muffin builder items are listed under mfn

what are your results if you make a small change and update, then go into the translation again.

if this does not resolve the issue i would like to take a closer look

**Before we proceed I recommend to please take FULL BACKUP of your database and your website.**
I often use the Duplicator plugin for this purpose See: http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to fix the issue.
(preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible)

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply.
The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

July 3, 2019 at 7:19 pm #4138629

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Thank you for the access details !

if possible please verify them as i am not able to access the backend at the moment, it tells me that the account does not exist

July 4, 2019 at 7:19 am #4140665

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hi There,

The credentials worked as expected. Being that when it came down to using Muffin Builder before with WPML the workflow required to translate it manually.

for example if you access the edit page for the default language and switch off the WPML Translation Editor (right side) then click on "+" it works as expected

but as of recently WPML Advanced Translation Editor supports translating the muffin builder

if possible please update your theme to its latest version as you are currently using an older version (Version: 21.2.3) and let me know your results

=> https://wpml.org/2019/05/bethemes-muffin-builder-is-now-compatible-with-wpml/

July 8, 2019 at 6:26 pm #4165035

michaelD-73

Hi Bobby - I updated the theme, but the issue persists.

July 9, 2019 at 12:55 am #4166339

michaelD-73

Hi Bobby - I just uploaded copies of the parent theme + child theme. Thank you for your help.

July 10, 2019 at 1:08 am #4175009

michaelD-73

Hi - just wanted to check in and see if there are any updates on this?

July 10, 2019 at 6:48 am #4176365

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hi There,

i have escalated this issue to our compatibility team to take a closer look and once i have some news i will update you here.

at the moment the manual translation (deactivating WPML Translation Editor ) should work as a workaround for the meantime that way your translations are not put in halt

July 10, 2019 at 6:10 pm #4183547

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hello,

The issue was caused by mfn-page-items being set to "don't translate" after i set it to "translate" again within our testing environment it worked as expected

on your live site it does work as expected as well now when being set to "translate" but there seems to be an enconding issue when it pulls the fields into the translation editor

Within BeTheme->Theme Options->Advanced Options->Builder|Data Store needs to be set to "serialized readable format required by some plugins"

after changing this field back to the expected value it should work well now, please verify with me

For new pages it will work immediately but for already created pages you will need to edit the default language and make a small change then update the page and access the translation afterwards to update it.

July 10, 2019 at 9:53 pm #4184619

michaelD-73

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!