If you are having a notice about writing the .mo files please read this doc

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Thomas 6 years, 4 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Harshad.

Author Posts
July 7, 2013 at 3:48 am #142154

Thomas

Hi there,

So I am looking to add products to my Woocommerce store that uses Bitcoin as a base price, but I do not want to replace the native currency of my other products. Is it possible to create two currencies for the same language, or a currency for all locations (not ideal)? So some products would have English (gbp) and Spanish (eur), where others would have English and Spanish (btc).

Thanks!

July 7, 2013 at 8:03 am #142164

Harshad

Dear Thomas,

Unfortunately this is not possible, Each language can have only 1 currency enabled.

July 7, 2013 at 8:09 am #142166

Thomas

I see, I was hoping to be able to change the base currency of a product, regardless of the language, for it to be converted to the native currency of the language; this drawback makes WPML redundant for me.

July 7, 2013 at 8:10 am #142167

Thomas

E.g. a product in the English language, but price is decided by euro, etc.

July 7, 2013 at 8:22 am #142169

Harshad

Dear Thomas,

You can enable multiple currencies and assign a different currency to each language you have enabled in your site from WPML -> WooCommerce Multilingual

July 7, 2013 at 8:35 am #142170

Thomas

Thanks, I use multiple currencies, but I want to select which currency to use independent of what language it is in.

July 7, 2013 at 9:53 am #142179

Harshad

Dear Thomas,

I can add this as a feature request, so this can be considered in upcoming version, As for in current version, you can only set 1 currency per language.

July 7, 2013 at 10:01 am #142183

Thomas

This would definitely be appreciated as a feature request, thanks. So to have an additional option, being 'Base Currency' next to language.