This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Thomas 6 years ago.

Assigned support staff: Harshad.

Author Posts
July 7, 2013 at 3:48 am #142154

Thomas

Hi there,

So I am looking to add products to my Woocommerce store that uses Bitcoin as a base price, but I do not want to replace the native currency of my other products. Is it possible to create two currencies for the same language, or a currency for all locations (not ideal)? So some products would have English (gbp) and Spanish (eur), where others would have English and Spanish (btc).

Thanks!

July 7, 2013 at 8:03 am #142164

Harshad

Dear Thomas,

Unfortunately this is not possible, Each language can have only 1 currency enabled.

July 7, 2013 at 8:09 am #142166

Thomas

I see, I was hoping to be able to change the base currency of a product, regardless of the language, for it to be converted to the native currency of the language; this drawback makes WPML redundant for me.

July 7, 2013 at 8:10 am #142167

Thomas

E.g. a product in the English language, but price is decided by euro, etc.

July 7, 2013 at 8:22 am #142169

Harshad

Dear Thomas,

You can enable multiple currencies and assign a different currency to each language you have enabled in your site from WPML -> WooCommerce Multilingual

July 7, 2013 at 8:35 am #142170

Thomas

Thanks, I use multiple currencies, but I want to select which currency to use independent of what language it is in.

July 7, 2013 at 9:53 am #142179

Harshad

Dear Thomas,

I can add this as a feature request, so this can be considered in upcoming version, As for in current version, you can only set 1 currency per language.

July 7, 2013 at 10:01 am #142183

Thomas

This would definitely be appreciated as a feature request, thanks. So to have an additional option, being 'Base Currency' next to language.