This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Raja Mohammed 4 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Raja Mohammed.

Author Posts
June 6, 2019 at 5:11 pm #3971151

emerW

When I work in the block editor of my second language (German), the post is updated as I want it to be. When I am in the English section of my posts, it shows that I have to edit the German translation (which I have had just done in the German block editor). In other words, the changes that I have implemented are not shown in the 'edit the German translation' section of the English section of WPML.
My question: Is it ok to only edit the German posts in the German section with the block editor even though in the English section it will show me that the translation is not finished yet (as the new changes have not been implemented)?

Thank you for answering my problem.

Best regards

June 7, 2019 at 5:19 am #3974085

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello there,

Welcome to our forum,

If I understood the issue correctly you are trying to update the translation without updating the original content but it shows the secondary translation needs an update, Correct me if I am wrong.

Whenever you make some changes in the original (Default) language the translation status will change to needs update regardless of whether you have updated the translation even before you have updated the original content.

The key here is WPML tracks changes in original content and any change in the content is marked with the status of translation needs an update. this is helpful when you need the contents to be similar in both the languages.

it is okay to update the translation with different content and style however please note this will create some issue when you try to translate the pages using WPML translation editor. The suggestion here is to keep using the block editor for translations there won't be any issues.

I hope this clarifies your question, Let me know if you need further assistance.

Kind regards
Raja