This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by stefanA-12 3 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bobby.

Author Posts
June 14, 2019 at 2:50 pm

stefanA-12

Hello! 🙂

I am trying to translate the text: Read More

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: Weiterlesen

Instead, I got: Read More

Anyway if I choose the language English, German or Spanish, I can write the text "Read More" only one times. So in all languages is the same text, not 3 times for 3 languages.

Append a screenshot for that to understand the issue better.

The string for translation of this text is not available. 🙁

I cannot fix this issue, please have a look for that.

Thank you very much in advance for your help. 🙂

Regards, Stefan

June 14, 2019 at 11:12 pm #4024485

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Thank you for the screenshot !

This text is consider an admin text therefore it is most likely found within
WPML->String Translation -> scroll to the bottom of the page and click on "Translate texts in admin screens »"

as "Read More" is also a default string if possible i wonder if you could change it temporary to
Read More. (with the period in the end ) or a different variation so we can differentiate it from the rest of the default strings to make sure we are translating the correct string.

June 15, 2019 at 11:26 am #4026829

stefanA-12

Hi Bobby,

thank you for the informations. 🙂

In the link "translate text in admin screens" are a lot of entries. 😉 I have searched for the text "Read More" from the blog designer pro plugin, but it´s not inside in this section. 🙁

In the "normal" section string translation are available some times the text "Read More", but it is not possible to use one of them for the blog designer pro plugin.

You have a other idea how I can translate this text with WPML?

Thank you,

Stefan

June 17, 2019 at 7:27 pm #4038197

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hi There,

it seems that the plugin is currently not listed as compatible with WPML

https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/

We have an open testing process with the plugin's Author's for which we discovered that indeed some strings such as "Read More" are not translatable at the moment using WPML String Translation.

this is most likely due to the plugin using custom contents and to have multilingual workflow WPML API integration is required.

from our side we emailed the author but they have not got back to us.

at the moment the only way to translate these strings would be to go to
Blog Designer Pro => Blog Layouts => Duplicate your layout and then add the translation

once added you can go to your translated page and add the new short-code for the translated layout

July 6, 2019 at 7:21 am #4155217

stefanA-12

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!