Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shekhar Bhandari 2 years, 7 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Shekhar Bhandari.

Author Posts
March 9, 2018 at 4:30 pm

albaC

I am trying to:

Find the entrys already translated. I did it yesterday and everything was ok.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:

In Catalan (main language) the blog has 2 entries: hidden link

In Spanish the blog has no entries, although I translated the 2 entries form Catalan to Spanish yesterday: hidden link

I expected to see:

The translated entries dosen't appear neither at the front-end nor at the back-end, but what you can see at the backend is that there are 4 entries published, 2 in Catalan and 2 in All Languages. So, it indicates that the translations are somewhere, but I cannot find them, even if I select "All languages" at the top or "Spanish" they doesnt appear. It seems as if they have moved form the Spanish to All languages, but are not there. I don't understand any thing. See the image attached.

How can we recover the translations we did?

Many thanks!

Best regards,

Alba

March 10, 2018 at 5:56 pm #1542555

albaC

Hi!

Just to give you more information. Today we have tried to translate the entries that we had already translated and they have disappeared again. Now it says that we have 6 entries in total, but there are only the two we did in the main language (Catalan). So, from 4 entries, it has increased to 6, but there are really just two. The other ones have disappeared. See the image attached.

Moreover, we have tried to enable the transaltor editor for Divi (see the image attached) and it didn't work. After savig and publishing the translations, nothing was published.

All really surprising. Could you please help us?

Many thanks!

Best regards,

Alba

March 12, 2018 at 3:23 am #1543033

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kathmandu (GMT+05:45)

Hello there,

Thank you for contacting WPML support. I'd be happy to assist you further on this issue.

Could you please go to WPML-> Support ->Troubleshooting and click the below buttons and let me know if that helps:

+ Set Language information
+ Clear Cache in WPML
+ Fix element types collation
+ Assign translation status to the duplicated content

NOTE:

+ Make a backup (both files and database) for your site before updating/proceeding anything (Always a good practice!). You can use a plugin for this if you like. I often use the Duplicator plugin for this purpose. See: http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/

Look forward to your reply.

Thanks

March 12, 2018 at 6:37 am #1543087

albaC

Dear Shekhar,

It worked! But just in part... We have recuperated the translations and they are showing in the correct language at the front-end. The problem is that the systems doesn't connect the posts in original language (Catalan) with the translated posts (in Spanish). See the image attached.

I have tried to connect them manually, and I have also tried to select Spanish as the original language (just to try), but the translations doesn't connet. If you are in the post and try to switch the language, it sends you to the homepage. The same happens with the 2 entries in the 2 languages.

Moreover, do you think we may have future problems if we don't activate the translator editor for Divi, the one I told you in the previous message that didn't work properly, as after saving the translations nothing was published.

What can we do to solve this?

Many thanks!

Best regards,

Alba

March 13, 2018 at 5:27 am #1544278

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kathmandu (GMT+05:45)

Hi there,

The problem is that the systems don't connect the posts in the original language (Catalan) with the translated posts (in Spanish). See the image attached.

Could you please let me know how you have created these translations? Have you used translation editor, manual editor or used post import?

I recommend you to use the translation editor, I don't think there should be any issues while using translation editor, can you please elaborate a little more about the post not saving issue so I can help you further on this once? If possible please attach screenshots so I can understand the issue quickly.

Look forward to your reply.

Thanks

The topic ‘[Closed] Blog entries already translated had disappeared’ is closed to new replies.