This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Raja Mohammed 3 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Raja Mohammed.

Author Posts
July 18, 2019 at 11:08 am #4237887

kayH-3

I am trying to: show date created in a blog in each of the languages of the website

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: the date translated into Welsh language, when hovering over each blog (see title is translating correctly)

Instead, I got: English language on both English and Welsh sites, both on the blog main page when hovering over cover image (see attached from linked page above) and also on each individual blog page.

July 18, 2019 at 11:31 am #4238037

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hi there,

I will help you with your ticket.

Dates are translated from WPML > String translation. Most of the plugins and themes use the default WordPress data strings unless it is overridden by the theme or plugin.

Please goto WPML > String translation and search for the month by its abbreviation eg: jan for January translate all the occurrences of January including the abbreviation. Once the translation is updated clear cache and check if the translation is displayed on the front end.

let me know if that help.

Kind regards
Raja

July 18, 2019 at 2:24 pm #4239573

kayH-3

Thank you for getting back so quickly, Raja

When we have tried to activate WPML String Translation, the website breaks so I'm not sure if when it was installed that custom settings were made. Are you aware of any know issues that cause this?

Kay

July 19, 2019 at 5:18 am #4244029

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hi Kay,

This might be due to a possible conflict with any of your plugin or theme or the string translation plugin needs to be replaced by a fresh copy.

- Please deactivate and delete the existing string translation plugin from your site.

- Download and install a fresh copy of WPML string translation from your wpml accounts section https://wpml.org/account/downloads/.

- At this point make sure to enable the WordPress debug logs, To enable it, open your wp-config.php file and look for define(‘WP_DEBUG’, false);. Change it to:

define('WP_DEBUG', true);
define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );

In this case, the errors will be saved to a debug.log log file inside the /wp-content/ directory.

- Activate string translation check if you can reproduce the issue.

- In case the site breaks again, paste your debug.log to pastebin.com and provide me that link it would be great! (This is the cleanest way because sometimes the logs are long and create a complete mess in the discussion).

Let me know the details to help you better.

Kind regards
Raja

The topic ‘[Closed] Blog post dates not translating when on a page builder WPbakery’ is closed to new replies.