Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.5 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 18 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by rohanK 1 week, 1 day ago.

Assigned support staff: Andreas W..

Author Posts
November 15, 2019 at 11:40 am

rohanK

Hello Team WPML,

I got a little issue on my blog posts: hidden link

At the end of the post, we should see the related posts that have the same category, but I notice they disappeared for the blog posts having the category "Interview". The settings are still activated on all the blog posts thus (cf screenshots). Below of the links of the articles with "Interview" category:
- hidden link
- hidden link
- hidden link
- hidden link

Could you let us know what did we do wrong?

November 15, 2019 at 11:41 am #4953403

rohanK

Thanks for your help

November 18, 2019 at 9:53 am #4963723

rohanK

Hello,

Is someone can help us ?

Thanks,

Kind regards

November 18, 2019 at 10:38 pm #4967989

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting the WPML Support Forum.

The translations have been completed successfully but the issue seems to be the configuration of the language switcher.

Here one of the French Category Pages:
hidden link

Here the French Post, as you can see in the URL. Take note that this is not an independent translation as it has been generated as a Duplicate of the original English post.
hidden link

Let me know if you do have any questions about how to translate posts independently.

Now, I am a little confused about the number of language switchers used. I can see one language switcher assigned for each language and further a custom language switcher has been enabled.

Of the menu language switcher, the only switcher which is actually assigned to a theme section is the one called INTERNATIONAL. I have used now the option WPML -> WP MEnus Sync in order to sync the menus which also includes this menu language switcher.

Afterwards, the WPML language switcher was available in the right corner of the menu and it works as expected when on the Homepage.

The problem seems to be the theme´s language switcher labelled as "Locations". I can see that this switcher behaves the same on all pages.
I would suggest here to contact the theme support and ask about how to disable this language switcher and use our WPML language switcher instead.

As an alternative, I can offer to recreate the issue on a new install and consult our compatibility for a solution.

Kind regards
Andreas

November 19, 2019 at 10:19 am #4970661

rohanK

Hello,

No everything was normal before you touch our design. We have several menu regarding the countries, not the language. You destroyed all our website menus...

Do not touch anything without asking!

My only question is to have the blog categories as I explained previously, nothing else. Do not do anything without our consent.

We restaure a old backup before you create all the errors (cf an exemple attached).

So, back to my first question, how to have the blog related to the category appearing for "interview" ? As other categories are working. Note that they are all duplicated in other language, but anyways, the errors is on english posts.

Waiting for your news,

Note that it is a live website. Do not do anything before asking us to avoid destroying the design again. Thanks for your understanding.

Waiting fo your news on the blog posts related to the category interview that are not shown at the bottom of the page.

Kind regards

November 19, 2019 at 5:25 pm #4974709

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

I am sorry to hear that syncing the menus with WP Menus Sync caused issues, as it usually should not be the case.

I am recalling now from an earlier ticket that you using the additional switcher only for selecting different regions (countries) - not for switching the language. Sorry, about the confusion.

All categories and the page "news" are translated correctly.

Now, let´s have a look at the French category page for Interviews:
hidden link

The post appearing here is, in fact, the French post. Click on the post and check the URL:
hidden link

Now, the reason why this post is appearing in English is that you translated it as a duplicate.
A duplicate in WPML will be interconnected with the original and overwritten once the original receives an update.
In order, to undo this interconnectivity each translated post in its language on the WordPress post editor and chose the "translate independently" on the top of the right sidebar.

(See screenshot)

Now, you will be able to edit each post independently in its language. I would suggest you translating them with our WPML Translation Editor.

Let me know if you do have any further questions.

Kind regards
Andreas

November 20, 2019 at 10:53 am #4979029

rohanK

Hello Andreas,

Hope you are well. I don't think you have understood the problem. As my issue in on the english posts too.

I got a little issue on my blog posts: hidden link, for the one in "Interview Advice".

At the end of those posts, we should see the related posts that have the same category, but I notice they disappeared for the blog posts having the category "Interview Advice". The settings are still activated on all the blog posts thus (cf screenshots). Below of the links of the articles with "Interview" category:
- hidden link
- hidden link
- hidden link
- hidden link

Could you let us know what did we do wrong? You can see the screenshot of the settings in my first message. The posts in the "CV advice" get the related posts at the end in english, french, german and spanish. But once again not for the "interview advice" categories. The languages has nothing to do with it. The issue is only for the blog posts in the "interview categories" that does not show the other related posts (while there are 4 articles).

Is it clear? Please let me know,

Kind regards

November 21, 2019 at 3:41 pm #4990237

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

I have been reviewing the issue and it seems to be related to an issue between theme, page builder and WPML.

I took a copy of your site for local debugging and sadly I am not able to get it running. There are errors on the debug.log in regards to WP Rocket and WP-Jobsearch but even when deactivating all plugins I am not able to obtain access to the login, which is quite weird.

I would kindly like to ask you to install your theme and the plugins used by the theme on the following test site and investigate if you experience the same issue with the same section.

Simply recreate the page and use the same post category element. Create and translate some posts and let me know if the same occurs here. This way it will be easy to send the issue directly to our compatibility team.

One-Click Login:hidden link

Let me know once the test site is ready. If you do not find the time to recreate the issue please leave me a notification once the theme and its plugins are installed.

Kind regards
Andreas

November 22, 2019 at 4:15 pm #5000223

rohanK

Hello Andreas,

Hope you are well 🙂 I did add all the plug ins and template to your website, create blog post categories and posts but could not reproduce the error on the few posts I have created. Note that on my website only one category is not working, the interview one.

What is the next step?

Thanks for your help

Sophie

November 22, 2019 at 10:26 pm #5002059

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

It seems to me that the issue is related to WPBakery Page Builder and the element Blog Masonry and Grid.

Could you please install the plugin and recreate the page element Blog Masonry and Grid as used on your News page?

Kind regards
Andreas

November 25, 2019 at 12:17 pm #5011837

rohanK

Hello Andreas,

Of course, I reproduce the news page elements here: hidden link

However, there is no issue with the categories to report on the testing website.

How can we solve this issue on our website then?

Thanks for your help,

Kind regards,

Sophie

November 25, 2019 at 6:21 pm #5016285

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

I have been checking your site again and the categories are currently appearing ordered correctly. There are exactly the same English posts in all categories.

Did you realize any trigger for the issue? When do the posts disappear? Does it maybe occur after updating an original post?

Now, if you wish to translate the posts to their respective languages, do as followed:

Those posts are translated as duplicates, as mentioned earlier. You will need to translate them independently, otherwise always the original post will get displayed.
(See screenshot)

Let me know if you do have any further questions.

Kind regards
Andreas

November 25, 2019 at 6:43 pm #5016375

rohanK

No there is not the same number of posts in each categories as for:
- all posts: 6
- career tips: 1
- CV advice: 2
- Interview tips: 4.

That's mean interview and CV advice posts should have the widget at the end of the posts with other posts of the same category. But only the ones of CV advice category get it, posts in interview category does nat have it.

I never asked about translated the posts. We don't have the translation yet so it is totally normal that it is duplicate posts.

The only thing I want is to have the widget at the end of the posts with other posts of the same category appears on the posts of "interview advice" category. The issue is on english, german, spanish and french inly for the interview category so once again it has nothing to go with the language.

How can we solve this issue on our website then?

November 25, 2019 at 9:00 pm #5016889

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

I am really sorry about the confusion but here is what I see:
(If you do have different results please try a different browser or clean your browser cache)

hidden link

The categories of Career tips, CV advice, and interview tips do have a total of 6 posts.

- all posts: 6
- career tips: 1
- CV advice: 2
- Interview tips: 4.

I can see the identical posts in all sections. I further compared those categories with the categories assigned to each post and everything is correct here:

Succeed in your Skype interview. -> assigned to Carrer tips and Interview Tips

Do’s and don’ts after a job interview. -> assigned to Interview tips

The most common questions asked in interviews. -> assigned to Interview tips

How do I prepare for a job interview? -> assigned to Interview tips

6 common CV mistakes to avoid. -> assigned to CV advice

How do you write a winning CV? -> assigned to CV advice

Now, to your question:

"That's mean interview and CV advice posts should have the widget at the end of the posts with other posts of the same category."

What do you refer to with the Widget at the end of the posts? I can see here all posts that are assigned to this category.

"The only thing I want is to have the widget at the end of the posts with other posts of the same category appear on the posts of the "interview advice" category."

I am sorry, but I can not follow it here. Are you referring to the post pages and not the category section?

Example: hidden link

Please provide me links any screenshots, if possible a video to visualize the issue. Attached please see the screenshots fo how I see the category section.

Kind regards
Andreas

November 26, 2019 at 11:49 am #5020949

rohanK

Hello Andreas,

I don't need to clear my cache as you have the same number of posts than I told you ^^

You did not get my issue that is on the posts (the news page was just for you to find the posts easily), please review the screenshots for clarifications and let me know if you understand my point now: hidden link.

Kind regards

Sophie