This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Radu 1 month, 4 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Radu.

Author Posts
August 1, 2019 at 9:09 am #4320065

anne-jand

I am trying to: Fix an issue with the translated blogs

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

It works on the " normal" language: hidden link

I expected to see: Translated blogs

Instead, I got: "Nothing found"

August 1, 2019 at 11:44 am #4321211

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hey,

Thank you for reaching out the WPML support! First of all, your website looks really nice 🙂

I had a look at the blog page but I couldn't find anything about what might be causing this issue. In this case, can you give me access to the dashboard so I can have a closer look at this, please?
The next reply is set to be private so you can safely send me the credentials.

Thanks,
Radu

August 5, 2019 at 10:55 am #4339971

Radu
Supporter

Hey,

I checked all the settings from both WPML and WordPress pages and posts and, even though everything looks fine, I couldn't find find the reason why is this happening on your website. Can you deactivate all the plugins not related to WPML, activate a default theme (like Twenty Nineteen), and tell me if the posts in the English blog page are still not displayed, please? I just want to make sure that the plugins (or the theme) that you're using are not causing this issue.

If this doesn't fix the issue either, we'll move on and create a copy of your website to have a closer look at it. But first, please tell me how things work after this little change I suggested.

Thanks,
Radu

August 16, 2019 at 12:36 pm #4406301

anne-jand

Hey Radu,

So I've put Twenty nineteen as the theme and the English posts came through, so I'm guessing it is a theme issue. But that's weird because the page worked before. Any ideas?

Thanks for looking into this

August 17, 2019 at 5:46 am #4409421

Radu
Supporter

Hey,

Since this issue goes away when activating Twenty Nineteen, it means that the theme was the one causing it in the first place. I looked on the code of the theme that you're using (AMLifestyle), but I couldn't find what might be causing this.

Can you try to reach out the theme author and ask him to have a look too, please? He might be able to find out why is this happening (since he wrote the code and knows how it works). Please keep me posted about the progress on this.

Thanks,
Radu

The topic ‘[Closed] Blog returns Nothing Found in translated language while there are blogs’ is closed to new replies.